Chapter One: Telling The Truth

25th December 1980

25th December 1980

Every noise irritated Peter, from the clinks of glasses between Marlene and Dorcas as they cheered, and the scrapes of the knife and fork on Sirius' plate, to the laughter of everyone sitting at the table as Benjy told a joke. His skin under his sleeve throbbed as he squished down a potato on his plate.

"You shouldn't play with your food." Aries said, leaning over towards him.

"I'm not that hungry." he replied, he hadn't eaten since he got the mark. He couldn't keep anything down without the thought of being sick.

"You barely ate at breakfast, you know that's the most important meal of the day-"

"I'm not hungry, Aries." He cut her off harshly, throwing down his cutlery, he quickly stood up, leaving the rest of the room stunned in silence.

He hurried to the room he was sharing with her, cursing at himself.

How could he have done this to her? How could he have betrayed her like this?

"Pete? Peter?" Aries called out.

"What!" he shouted.

She furrowed her brows, taken aback. "What is wrong?"

"Nothing-"

"Clearly there is, you've been hostile all day, you've not been eating and you lied to me yesterday-"

"I didn't lie-"

"Yes you did, Peter. I wasn't going to bug you about it because you seemed irritated but I am now. What is wrong?"

"Nothing-" he shook his head.

He stared at her, he couldn't tell her.

He couldn't. He couldn't break her heart like this.

But this wasn't his choice. He was forced to do this, forced to become this. She would understand. Right?

"Peter?"

His heart dropped, tears beginning to form. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"What?" Aries asked, "Peter, what's going on?"

"I did something. I did something and you're never going to forgive me." he crouched down, taking a seat on the bed.

Aries knelt in front of him, cupping his cheek, "What? What could you have possibly done?"

He shook his head. "They were going to kill you, I couldn't let them hurt you. It was the only way Aries, I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"I don't understand, what are you talking about?" she asked, she wiped away the tears falling down his cheek. "You can tell me,"

"I can't-"

"Please tell me, I need to know."

Peter took a deep breath, he brushed aside her hair. "I need you to know I love you so much. I would never let anything bad ever happen to you."

"Tell me," she whispered. "Please."

"I love you," he kissed her temple, before moving back to his place. She watched as he rolled up his sleeve.

He swallowed hard as she backed away from him.

"No," she shook her head, her eyes teared up. "Please. Please tell me you didn't, please?"

He reached for her hand but she pulled away before he could touch her, "They cornered me. Aries I would have never have done it but they threatened you, they were going to kill you right in front of me- I- I had no choice."

Aries closed her eyes, she couldn't think properly, her entire world came crashing down. All her life she had been trying to avoid the dark side of her family, and now right in front of her the man she loves was branded with the very same mark she had almost been forced with years prior.

"Please say something." he spoke under his breath, he pulled his sleeve back down.

She opened her eyes but she couldn't look at him, she couldn't bear to see his face, "How long? How long have you had it?" her voice was barely a whisper, he almost didn't hear her.

"Not even two days, Aries, they found me and they... they want me to spy on the order, tell them information about Dumbledore." he told her.

"You need to tell them, you need to tell the Order."

Peter shook his head. "They said if I told anyone they hurt you-"

"Peter, they need to know. You can't not tell them-"

A knock on the door startled them, "You two okay?" Sirius said, poking his head through the door, his face changed when he saw Aries crying. "You didn't break up did you?"

"Tell him." Aries said, looking at Peter. "Peter tell him or I will,"

Peter winced as lifted up his sleeve, Sirius' face dropped and his eyes widened. "What the fuck have you done?"

_________________

I'm so excited for you guys to read this!!