Chapter Thirty-Nine: A Visitor & His Dog

It had been two years since Sirius escaped from Azkaban, and the protection charm was still going strong

It had been two years since Sirius escaped from Azkaban, and the protection charm was still going strong. Aries hadn't heard anything from anyone, but she knew soon that she would have to go back to the wizarding world as Daisy was due her Hogwarts letter and was very excited about the occasion.

"Has it come yet!" she asked restlessly everyday.

"You'll know when it's come," Aries chuckled, as they got out of the car.

"It's been so long!" Daisy complained, she looked up towards the sky jumping up and  giving a loud gasp then a dramatic sigh. "It was just a pigeon."

Aries smiled at her excitement, she remembered how excited she was years ago to get her letter. How she would wait every morning, rising at the crack of dawn and spend all day watching out of the window.

"Any day now," Aries said, as they entered the house. Leo stuck his head out of the living room doorway.

"Hey, you've got a visitor."

Aries furrowed her brows. "Angelika is coming on Saturday."

Leo shook his head. "It's not Angelika."

"Oh," she muttered, wondering who it was. As she entered the living room she saw the person had their back to her, a black dog was sitting on the rug, its head perched up when it saw her. The man turned around, he had changed a lot since she last saw him, his face had grown more scars and lines, he'd already started to grey but his eyes were the same warm brown she once knew.

"Remus?"

He gave a small nod. "Aries."

"It's been so long, uh, what are you... what are you doing here?"

Remus glanced at Leo and Daisy. "Do you mind if we talk in private?"

"Uh, yeah, sure." she turned to Leo, nodding to him to leave.

"Yes, Dais, let's take Solo for a walk." Leo said, then looked towards the other canine. "Do you want me to walk him?"

Remus shook his head, "No, he's alright, thank you."

Leo nodded, then looked at Aries, "Be back in a bit." he said, lightly squeezing her arm and walking out of the room.

Aries spoke first, still unsure of why Remus had visited after so long.

"How have you been?" she asked, she pointed towards the kitchen. "Do you want a tea or anything?"

He shook his head, his eyes guided towards her wedding photos. "Sorry I didn't come to the wedding."

She shrugged. "I didn't expect you to come." she looked towards his dog who had his head raised up and seemed to be listening to the conversation.

"Took a while to find you."