Chapter Five: Lost Love

Aries was like a deer in headlights, she didn't look at him properly but she saw his eyes, the icy blue eyes she had fallen in love with years ago

Aries was like a deer in headlights, she didn't look at him properly but she saw his eyes, the icy blue eyes she had fallen in love with years ago. She couldn't say anything. The only thing she could do was run, she ran into the bathroom, locking the door behind her.

She breathed in and out several times, leaning herself against the sink. She stared at herself in the mirror, she could no longer feel the effects of the alcohol, she wished she still could.

A rushed knock on the door disturbed her. "Aries, we need to talk." Sirius said.

"Give me a minute!" she called out, she closed her eyes, slowing down her breathing to remove the shakiness. She splashed cold water on her face, but it didn't help.

"Aries!"

"I said give me a minute!" She took a hold of the door handle counting to ten before opening the door. Sirius was leaning on the wall opposite her.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I just needed to wash my hands." she said, quickly.

He gave an unconvincing look but nodded, she followed him back into the living room catching a glance of Peter, he was positioned by the door holding an untouched  glass of wine, presumably by Angelika who was sitting on the sofa.

"I'm guessing that's the boyfriend?"

Aries ignored her, turning to Sirius, not looking back at Peter.

"Why are you here?"

"Voldemort. He's going... he's going to go after James and Lily. Well he's going after Harry."

Aries furrowed her brows. "What?"

"Is Voldemort the evil guy that's killing everyone?"

Sirius glanced at Angelika then back at his sister. "How much did you tell her?"

"She's drunk, she won't remember,"

"I will remember everything." Angelika said, then lowered her voice into a whisper pointing at Peter. "He's cute."

Sirius let out a sigh. "Okay... Air, we need your help with this. They need a secret keeper and they want you to do it."

"Me?"

"It was my idea... you don't have to, it's just you're not involved with the Order, it's unlikely that they'll suspect you." Peter spoke up.

"It's entirely your choice Air, personally I don't want you-"

"I'll do it," she said, "If it will help, I'll do it."

She could feel Peter's eyes staring at her, but she didn't look at him. She kept her eyes on Sirius, she couldn't bring herself to even glance.

"Okay, we'll get Dumbledore to do it and they'll go into hiding." Sirius nodded, he reached into his pocket pulling out a pack of cigarettes and lighting one.

"No smoking in the house!" Angelika shouted. "Smoke it out the balcony!"

She pushed Sirius out of the living room leaving Aries and Peter alone for the first time in months.

The silence was deafening.

Aries began cleaning up the glasses and bottles to avoid talking to him, but with her hands clammy from the anxiousness, they slipped out of her grip smashing all over the kitchen floor.

"Shit." she muttered picking up the shards from the floor, she picked a piece up too quickly causing it to slice her finger.

"Are you okay?" Peter asked, he'd followed her into the kitchen.

"Fine." she said, turning the tap on and running her finger under the cold tap.

Peter began rummaging through the cupboards. "Where are the plasters?"

"Top cupboard next to the cooker."

He found the box and walked towards her, taking one out. Once the bleeding stopped he took a hold of her hand putting the plaster on the wound.

"Thanks," she muttered, keeping her head down.

"No worries. Are you okay?"

"It's just a cut."

"No, Aries. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she didn't take her eyes off the ground.

"Can you at least look at me?" he asked, his voice soft, but with a hint of pleading.

A lump formed in her throat, she tried to get rid of it but she couldn't. She slowly lifted up her head. She took her first look at him, his cheeks had deepened, the bags under his eyes were purple, he looked tired and drained.

Her eyes teared up as she wrapped her arms around him, holding him tightly. He was hesitant but he hugged her back.

"I'm sorry," she whispered into his chest.

He stroked her head. "You have nothing to apologise for."

"I shouldn't have ignored you. I shouldn't have let you go through this alone."

Peter released from the hug, wiping the tears from her face. "Aries, I don't blame you at all for your reaction. You did what you did to protect yourself-"

"I shouldn't have though-"

"Hey, hey, it doesn't matter," he said, calmly. "I love you and I would love you even if you decided to never speak another word to me again."

"Are you okay? Have they hurt you?" she asked worriedly.

"No, no they haven't done anything to me."

Aries nodded, her breath still slightly shaking.

"Come here," he said, pulling her into another hug, squeezing tightly as if he wouldn't let go. "I love you so much, Star."

"I love you too," she whispered.

__________________

🥹