Chapter Eleven: Last Chance

A few days later Aries felt better, Madam Pomfrey had sent her the potion to help with the cold

A few days later Aries felt better, Madam Pomfrey had sent her the potion to help with the cold. She walked down into the library and saw Peter sat in his usual seat, his attention focused on his homework.

"Thanks for the soup." said Aries.

"Soup?" Peter said, pretending to look unphased. "I didn't make any soup."

"Oh well, in that case it wasn't even that nice." she said, hiding a smirk as he frowned slightly.

"I'm sure it was." he said, writing answers on his parchment.

Aries peered down at him. "Was thinking it needed a bit more salt."

"Oh really? Becoming a food critic, are we?"

"Didn't you think so?"

"Well I only added in a teaspoon-"

"Aha! I knew it was you- I mean I knew anyway but I got a full confession out of you." Aries said, smiling brightly.

Peter smiled looking at her. "You liked it then?"

"Yes, thank you. It was good soup."

"Glad you liked it, was an old recipe from my Nan. I can make a good chicken one as well but she used to make tomato whenever I was ill."

"I'll try the chicken one next time."

"Did you see what I did to that blood traitor? Stupid girl didn't stand a chance." Amycus Carrow snorted as he, Snape, Barty and Regulus walked past.

"One moment." Aries said to Peter, she walked up to the group. "Regulus, can I have a word?"

"I think you said everything last time we spoke." he said bluntly, turning back to the others.

"I didn't mean what I said, I was angry and-"

"Save your breath Aries, I'm not listening."

"Regulus-"

"You heard him, go away." Amycus said, cutting in front of her.

"This is between me and my brother, Carrow." Aries glared.

Regulus scoffed. "Don't make me laugh. You haven't considered me your brother for years, you and Sirius playing happy families at the Potters. Pretending that you're not like the rest of us."

"I am not like them, and neither are you-"

"Yes I am. And believe it or not Aries you are too, you can't escape the family when you feel like it, you will always be tied down by them."

Aries shook her head. "No, because unlike you I can make my own choices-"

"This is my choice."

"Right." Aries swallowed hard. "Your choice, of course. This is your last chance, because if this is your choice I don't want to be part of your life."