The Truth and Reconciliation (Halo-Combat Evolved)

(Sorry guys for another late upload but hopefully things should get back to normal and ill be uploading at normal days)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Truth And Reconciliation

The view pans across a plateau with a Covenant CCS-Class Battlecruiser above it.

Cortana: "The enemy has captured Captain Keyes, and are holding him aboard one of their cruisers, the Truth and Reconciliation. The ship is currently holding position approximately three hundred meters above the other end of this plateau."

Pelican Echo 419 flies to a safe zone for the Spartans to land. When they found a spot it started to land.

ODST: "So how do we get inside the ship if it's in the air? The Corps issued me a rifle, not wings."

Staff Sergeant Parker: "There's a Gravity Lift that ferries troops and supplies between the ship and the surface. That's our ticket in."

As the Pelican lands:

Cortana: "Once we get inside the ship, I should be able to lock on to the tracking signal from Captain Keyes' neural implants."

ODST: "Everybody out!"

Sergeant Parker: "Hit it Marines, go go go! The Corps ain't payin' us by the hour!"

The ODSTs and the Spartans head forward.

Cortana: "Stick to the higher ground on the right. We should be able to recon the Covenant position without being spotted. I'm detecting Covenant Stationary Guns near the next pass. I recommend using your Sniper Rifle to take out the gunners while I call for Marine support. (over radio) Get ready to move in to support us, Sergeant. The Master Chief and Noble Six is going to covertly take out as many of the Covenant as they can. Don't open fire until you hear the enemy return fire on us. That should let us keep the element of surprise."

You and the chief get to a good position on a cliff close to the Covent forces. You and her take out your snipers and aim them at the Covent killing a few of them. The ones who were quick enough took cover.

Sergeant Parker: "Let 'em have it!"

The Marines open fire.

A Grunt runs towards a Shade turret.

Cortana: "Alert! A Covenant is making a run for that stationary gun. (Drops NAV point on Grunt) Take him out!"

You noticed this as you threw a frag grenade towards the grunt. The grenade hit the grunt on the head as it takes a moment to realise what happened but it was to late as the Spartans and Marines hears a big explosion. Everyone looks at you with shocked faces.

Chief: "That's got to be the best throw I ever seen."

ODST: "Hey, we did it! We're right behind you, Spartans!"

The Spartans side by side starts to move up the slope as the Marines follow behind.

Cortana: "Stop. Motion tracker shows movement around the next bend."

Sergeant Parker: "We're ready to advance as soon as you call for us, Cortana."

As Fire Team Charlie move further up the plateau.

Cortana: "Covenant forces detected up ahead. The path up on the left should let us sneak up around them."

Sergeant Parker: "We'll hang back while you get into position, Chief."