The Storm (Halo 3)

Ghost Town

Military Operations Urban Terrain.

A convoy of three Warthogs: two M831 TT Warthogs and one M12 Warthog LRV roll down a tunnel of Tsavo Highway, with the  riding shotgun in the LRV. On one of the Warthogs sat you and Kat in the back while Chief who is with Thelya at the front follows the other Warthogs down the tunnel.

Commander Miranda Keyes (COM): "Noble, the Prophet of Truth has found the Ark. Our only chance of stopping him is a surprise aerial assault. Clear this sector of Covenant anti-air defences. Make a hole for the Admiral's ships. Good hunting. Keyes out."

The Warthogs emerge from the tunnel in a parking lot scattered with destroyed Warthog chassis and Marine and Grunt corpses. The Warthogs roll to a halt as the Marines and yourself walk out, and the Marines form a perimeter outside the locked door. Kat had no choice but to stay where she is currently after all she is still weak from the coma but is slowly gaining her strength back. She is not alone however Chief has stayed to watch her while Thelya joins with you.

Gunnery Sergeant Reynolds: "Ready when you are, Noble. Open the door and take point. We'll cover you with the .50."

You open the door into an empty factory section and then into a next section with Covenant. Chiefs Warthog, an M12 Warthog LRV and a squad of Marines follow you in.

Prophet of Truth (Hologram): "With my gentle encouragement, our Lords' holy relic springs to life. It is unfortunate that our enemies also bear witness to its glory. But soon their dull eyes will be closed; seared by the Rings' unforgiving might."

Sergeant Stacker: "Noble, open the door; we can roll on through!"

A set of doors is opened, leading to a factory tunnel full of Brutes, Jackals, Grunts, and even a pair of Ghosts. Beyond that is another door that will lead to Lake Bed A. Along with the Marines and Theyla you moved in to take care of the Covenant while the Warthogs stay behind until the area is clear. After cleansing the tunnel, the UNSC forces open the next door, revealing a massive expanse with cruising Ghosts and a heavy Covenant garrison.

Lord Hood (COM): "Kilo 23, this is Forward Unto Dawn. I need a sit-rep, Commander."

Miranda Keyes (COM): "Atmospheric disturbances is intensifying above The Artefact, Admiral."

Lord Hood (COM): "And the Spartans?"

Miranda Keyes (COM): "Moving as fast as they can, sir. I know they'll get it done."

A Phantom deploys a standard Wraith at the far side of the lake bed. You saw that Chiefs Warthog approaches your position.

Catherine-B320: "Here catch."

When they went passed you Kat threw you an rocket launcher. You aimed the launcher towards the Wraith and fired a rocket hitting the Wraith. The Wraith exploded lighting its area in flames. You put the launcher on your back and continued to move forward.

Hocus (COM): "Hell yeah! Boom! The Fly Boys are gonna love us for that!"

Sergeant Major Avery Johnson (COM): "That-a-way, Chief! Target destroyed. Move to the next area, over."

You, Thelya and the remaining Marines exit the lake bed into the confines of the factory again, where a War Chieftain wielding a plasma turret and his attendant Brutes, Jackals, and Grunts have a pair of Marines pinned down in the adjacent section.

Marine: "They just keep coming!"

Female Marine: "Check your fire! It's the Noble! Flush 'em out, sir. We'll nail them with the .50."