High Charity (Halo 2)

You just dropped down a grav-lift just in time to see the Phantoms containing the Brute Chieftain Tartarus and the Prophet of Truth fly away. You then walk over to the High Prophet of Mercy who has yet to be killed by the Infection Form.

Y/N L/N: "Your pal. Where's he going?"

Prophet of Mercy: "Earth... to finish what we started... And this time, none of you... will be left behind..."

You then picked up the Flood form which was connected to Prophet of Mercy keeping him alive. You then squeezes it which in response popped, killing Mercy in the process. Cortana's hologram appears on Mercy's throne.

Cortana: "If he does, I'll detonate In Amber Clad's reactor just like we did the Autumn's. The blast will destroy this city and the ring. Not a very original plan, but we know it'll work."

You then look towards Cortana then reach towards her.

Cortana: "No. I don't want to chance a remote detonation. I'll need to stay here."

You and Cortana then watches as a Pelican crashes on the platform. The dropship then opens up to reveal the Flood Combat Forms inside which then runs out of the said ship invading the platform you are on.

Cross-Purposes

Cortana: "Flood controlled dropships are touching down all over the city! That creature beneath the Library... that 'Gravemind'... used us. We were just a diversion. In Amber Clad was always it's intended vector. There's a conduit connecting this tower to the ship. Head back inside. I'll lead you to it."

Multiple Flood Combat Forms came running towards you attempting to attack you, but with your quick reflexes you dodge all of them. You take out your weapon and gun downed the creatures who got to close for comfort.

Cortana: "We don't have time for this. Truth's Phantom is nearing the Forerunner Ship."

You turn away from the Flood Combat Forms, then started sprinting down the platform soon reaching a Gravity lift leading upstairs.

Cortana: "I'll disable this lift once you reach the top. That'll slow them down... I hope."

After jumping into the Gravity lift and shooting upstairs, which felt like seconds you finally reached the top.

Prophet of Truth (Loudspeaker): "Shall we let the Flood consume our holy city? Turn High Charity into another of their wretched hives? No enemy has ever withstood our might. The Flood too shall fail."

You look to see a skirmish between several flood combat forms with a swarm of drones and one brute.

Cortana: "I'll do what I can to slow the launch sequence, but there's something inside the ship...a presence that's fighting back. For a Covenant construct, it's unusually formidable."

You kept staring towards the battle wondering which side should you root for and which to not.

Cortana: "No time to admire the ceiling, Noble. Truth's Phantom has reached the Forerunner ship."

You then backed away from the battle and exited the room.

Please, Make Yourself at Home

Prophet of Truth (Loudspeaker): "The parasite did not defeat the Forerunners...and it shall not defeat us."

Gravemind: "Arrogant creature! Your death will be instantaneous, while we shall suffer the progress of infinitude!"

Battling through both Covenant and Flood Forms gunning down any who thinks they can take you on hearing their endless screams as their lifeless bodies fell onto the floor. You then reached a part of a tower.

Cortana: "The security systems in this part of the tower are particularly robust."

Prophet of Truth (Loudspeaker): "Whosoever is gripped by fear, take heed. I am the Prophet of Truth... And I am not afraid. Noble Mercy is here at my side. His wise counsel ever in my ears."

Gravemind: "We exist together, now... Two corpses, in one grave."

You carried on sprinting ignoring the battle between Covenant and the Flood, killing any on either side who got in your way. What felt to long you finally reached the lift.

Cortana: "Apparently, these are the Prophet Hierarch's private quarters. Their inner sanctum."

Sanctified

Prophet of Truth (Loudspeaker): "This crisis will not be the end of us. It is but one last hurdle before the journey and salvation!"

You enters the Inner Sanctum amidst a fight between several Covenant defences and Flood forces.

Cortana: "Brute and Elite ships are engaging one another all around High Charity. I'm running out of options. I can't stall the launch sequence much longer. The next lift will take you up to the conduit. Hurry!"

You ran towards the Gravity lift and jumped in which lead you up on the higher floors.

Once More, with Feeling

Cortana: "I knew the Covenant were good at re-purposing Forerunner technology, but this is amazing... They've been using the Forerunner ship's engines as an energy source for the city. The ship isn't so much launching as it is disengaging; uncoupling itself from High Charity's power grid - Stopping Truth, that's all that matters!"

Prophet of Truth (Loudspeaker): "Now is the time of our unworlding, in a moment we shall all become...as gods."

Cortana: "You know the plan - You've got to catch Truth, I've got to handle the Index. Go!"

Prophet of Truth (Loudspeaker): "If you will falter, know this...one final effort is all that remains."

The doors open as you see a lot of Flood Form heading you way. You ran towards them, raising your weapon as you started shooting then. Some exploded into oblivion while others just screamed and died.

Cortana: "Forget about the Flood, you've got to get aboard!"

You sprinted towards the ship but then you turned and you look towards Cortana with a worried look. You knew you had to chase after Truth but you didn't want to leave Cortana.

Cortana: "I have to stay here!"

Y/N L/N: "I'm not just going to leave you"

Cortana: "I can't go with you!"

You knew you had no choice so enter the conduit on a large, green beam of light. The Forerunner Dreadnought starts to launch, and you enter through a large portal, landing with scrapes flickering off your armour.

Cortana: "Noble, when you get to Earth...good luck. If this is the last time we will see each other then...."

Y/N L/N: "We will see each other again."

Cortana: "Let me finish... If this is the last time we will see each other then I just want to say something I wished I said earlier... I love you.

Y/N L/N: ".......I love you too."

Cortana the grew a smile on her lips but also a tear of sorts escaped for her eye. She was happy that you felt the same but was sad because this might have been the only time to confess...and the last time you might see each other.

Y/N L/N: "After I'm through with Truth..."

Cortana: "Don't make a girl a promise...if you know you can't keep it."

Cortana watches the ship rise, and exit through the top of High Charity, where Brute-controlled and Elite-controlled ships are continuing to destroy one another. Soon the Dreadnought enters slipspace, and vanishes.