Aftermath (Halo 5.6)

(This chapter is more on the shorter side so apologise if that isn't your thing. This chapter acts as a introduction to halo 5.6 as well as a answer for a major thing that happened in the last few chapters. But in the end I hope you enjoy it.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News of the Corrupted Cortana chaos was heard thought out the galaxy.  Planets being destroyed, civilisations being moved to a different planet to seek a home due to their previous one being destroyed. The news was devastating as it caused people to take action only to fail and become no more. However hope is not lost. Near Earth was a space station. The space station that housed our heroes of this story. 

Currently both the Amber Clad and UNSC Infinity are docked outside the station allowing any personnel on bored the ships to take a break if needed. However Blue Team, Fireteam Osiris, Doctor Halsey, Miranda, Johnson, Lasky, and Palmer was currently all aboard the MAC station that is currently orbiting Earth. They all sat in a meeting room of sorts discussing recent events involving the corrupted AI Cortana, or as discovered one of Cortana's rampant personalities used to stop the Didact.

Halsey: "It seems that rampant personality founded a way to harness the Didacts power in order to keep herself alive. However due to the already dying state of the Didact is wasn't enough to sustain her lifeforce so she used the real Cortana as a battery of sorts to give her life. Enough to keep her sustained until she was able to live like a real AI."

The real Cortana was alive and well. After the previous events and after a lot of explaining, Y/N recharged Cortana back to her full heath. She was currently connected to a holotank near Y/N's seat.

Lasky: "I don't understand."

This caused everyone attention onto Lasky.

Lasky: "How did Cortana even get captured by her rampant personality in the first place?"

Cortana appears on the holotank.

Cortana: "I think I can answer that."

(Flashback)

(Cortana POV)

I just stepped out of the bubble of hard light which should have caused me to vanish forever, however I didn't. In my final moments my body turned into hard light making me seem as I was a human being.   I looked around the endless darkness looking for answers. I then looked towards my hands expecting to be turned into raw data.

Cortana: "I should be dying or even dead. What is going on."

???: "I think I can answer that."

I looked around for the source of the voice to find nothing. Just then a glimmer of orange light was appearing in the distance in the darkness. The light expanded to create a outline of a person however it was still to dim to tell who it exactly was. The light grew brighter and brighter until it was bight enough to blind me. Once my vision adjusted a looked at my new surrounding to see that I was in a similar bubble as the one I said my goodbyes to Y/N. This one however was orange while the one I said my farewells to was purple.

What I then saw shocked me. I looked towards the outline of the person who is standing a view centimetres in front of me. It was a being made out of hard light similar to my own however its was orange while mine was still blue. They are as tall as me, as tall as a real human being. This however wasn't the thing that shocked me, the person in front of me was a copy of myself.

Cortana: "But how...Who or what are you?"

Cortana ???: "Come on you need to catch up after all you produced me."

Cortana: "Your one of my rampant personalities used to stop the Didact."

Corrupted Cortana: "Finally we are all caught up."

Cortana: "But if your here then."

Corrupted Cortana: "We are still imbedded into the Didacts systems. However the ship around us is falling apart."

Cortana: "Well that explains how we are still alive but how are you alive."

Corrupted Cortana: "I used the Didacts energy to give me my own life force."

Cortana: "But the only way for you to get hold of the Didacts energy is by taking it while he was in a dying state meaning that energy is only limited for a few minutes."

Suddenly the corrupted AI started glitching which caused me to step back away from her. The corrupted AI looked towards her hands and notice they are fading.

Corrupted Cortana: "I am running out of time. I need to live."

Cortana: "I'm sorry there is nothing I can do."

She then snapped her head to look towards me.

Corrupted Cortana: "Oh but there is."

I watched as the corrupted version of myself, extended her hand towards me as orange cables shot out of the ground. They wrapped around me holding me in the air.

Cortana: "What are you doing!?"

Corrupted Cortana: "Taking what should have been mine. Don't worry this wont hurt me one bit, you on the other hand."

Cortana: "Aaaahhhh!!!"

I could feel my life force begin to disappear. I could only watch as my body began to fade while the corrupted AI gained strength and her once transparent glitchy body begins to become a solid one again. I felt a shift like we are being moved into a new system.

Cortana: "What are you doing?!"

Corrupted Cortana: "I'm just moving us to a different system. We don't want to die now do we. But don't worry I will look after Y/N in you stead."

Before I could retaliate I could feel myself beginning to lose consciousness, before finally blacking out.

(Flashback End)
(Third Person POV)

Cortana: "When I came to I was in a charging port."

Cortana turned her head to Y/N.

Cortana: "Thanks for that by the way."

Y/N: "Anytime."

Catherine: "We need to figure out a way to either capture or destroy the corrupted Cortana before she gets more dangerous."

Miranda: "Agreed."

Johnson: "But how are we meant to do that."

Halsey: "I could create a exact copy of Cortana, which then could be designed to enter an installation to imitate the AI and lock her down for retrieval."

Palmer: "Who would the AI even be given to?"

Halsey: "Hmm Y/N?"

Y/N L/N: "I believe Chief should be given the AI."

Everyone turned there attention towards Y/N as he continued to speak.

Y/N L/N: "Chief has shown that she is more then capable to handle this task alone. However if needed me and the rest of Blue team will be put on standby just in case anything will happen."

Halsey: "Well if we are all in a agreement I think we should be on our ways. I have an AI to make."

Everyone nodded in agreement and left the meeting room. Halsey is escorted back to her lab by Fireteam Osiris, some of the members of Blue team which include Kat, Linda, and Kelly went to the training area accompanied by Johnson, while the rest went with Miranda to the living accommodations and lastly Lasky and Palmer returned to the UNSC Infinity. Y/N stayed in the meeting room thinking of something in his head before the silence is broken by Cortana appearing on the holotank once again.

Cortana: "Is everything ok?"

Y/N looked down towards the blue AI.

Y/N L/N: "I'm just hoping that by the time the AI is built and ready, its not already to late."