Glassed (Halo 5)

(Welcome everyone to another wonderful halo chapter. Before you start you read however I would like to say the uploading schedule. For now I will be uploading once a week mostly focusing on the halo book instead of the shadow on remnant book. I will upload another chapter for that book but because of college I thought it would be easier to upload chapter of the halo book instead. Well enough from me I hope you all enjoy.)
———————————————————————————-——————————————————————————————————————
On the bridge of the Infinity. Dr. Catherine Halsey is speaking to Captain Lasky while Roland's hologram is above his desk.

Halsey: "I tried to warn you this was happening! is no longer an asset, Captain. She is a danger. She has accessed the Forerunner Domain, a galaxy-spanning network-"

Roland: "Cortana's alive?"

Halsey: "-that allows her to control whatever devices caused this damage."

Roland: "How is she-"

Lasky: "Noble Six believes she contacted him-"

Halsey: "What? No. (Y/N) must not speak to her."

Lasky: "-and he's gone in search of her."

Halsey: "You let him go?"

Roland: "How is that-"

Sarah Palmer then enters and interrupts him.

Palmer: "Nobody lets the Six do anything. He does what he wants."

Lasky: "Until 0630 this morning, when he was declared absent without leave."

Roland: "This isn't about Noble Six."

Halsey interrupts him. Roland then looks at her surprised.

Halsey: "(Y/N) is not equipped emotionally to deal with her as a threat-"

Roland: "HEY! Is anyone going to answer me?!"

Lasky: "You're out of line Roland."

Roland: "Yes sir. But so is everyone else!"

Roland gestures at Halsey, who looks at him mournfully.

Roland: "You created Cortana, Doc, and now you're throwing her out the airlock with these accusations!"

Lasky: "Roland."

Roland: "You think she tricked Noble Six into abandoning his post? Respectfully, sir, to what end? Why is Cortana the problem?! Because she refused to die when she was supposed to?"

In a hangar on the Infinity. A Mammoth is being loaded away. Nearby, Jameson Locke and Edward Buck work at a small lab.

Buck: "You're okay with this? Not just another target, you know."

Locke: "Every target is just another target, Buck."

Buck picks up and moves a briefcase.

Buck: "Yeah. For you maybe. But I loved being an ODST."

Buck raises his pistol Whispered Truth and mimes shooting it.

Buck: "Point and shoot. None of this grey area BS."

Locke opens a machine that carries a grey disc suspended in anti-gravity. He then takes it out of the machine.

Buck: "I mean, how are we even supposed to bring them in? Ask politely?"

Locke activates the disc, and it begins to spin, glow red, and whir.

Locke: "No."

Locke throws the device at Buck, and his armour locks in place. He struggles to move, as its shields flicker and its limbs become immobile.