Gravemind (Halo 2)

(Before this chapter begins I want to say thank you for everyone who commented about the question if I should do a rewrite or continue on what I'm doing. After hearing what some of you had to say and with such kind words also, you guys wanted me to continue on what I'm already doing. So I hope you enjoy this chapter as it might be one of the more longer chapters I have wrote bring a total of '2942' words.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You begin to wake up, and sees a red circle of lights on the ceiling of some underground area. You see that your being held aloft by a tentacle. You are then brought towards the head of a massive creature...the Gravemind.

Cortana: "What...is that?"

Y/N L/N: "It sure is ugly whatever it is."

You are held in front of Gravemind's head, the head being one giant mouth made from separate parts, somewhat similar to an Elite's.

Gravemind: "I...? I am a monument to all your sins."

As Gravemind talks, he breathes out Flood Spores. Two tentacles bring forth a struggling Thelya 'Vadamee.

Y/N L/N: "Relax. I'd rather not piss this thing off."

Thelya 'Vadamee: "Demon!"

Y/N L/N: "So that's what you guys call me...how sweet."

Thelya 'Vadamee: "If you humans didn't kill my bothers then we would not need to call you 'Demon' Demon."

Y/N L/N: "Call me Demon one more time I dare you."

Thelya 'Vadamee: "But Demon is such a fitting name for you."

Thelya couldn't tell right now because of the helmet but right now you were pissed.

Y/N L/N: "I swear once I'm out of this ugly vermin's grasp lets just say you better be running."

Thelya 'Vadamee: "Try it and you will never see the light of day again."

Before this argument can go on any longer with a loud tone the Gravemind tightened his grasp on both of you so it can shut the both of you up. The Gravemind makes loud huffing sounds, and indicates towards you.

Gravemind: "This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded." (a tentacle wraps around your head, then indicates 'Vadamee) "This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."(turns 'Vadamee upside down)

Thelya 'Vadamee: "Kill me or release me, parasite. But do not waste my time with talk!"

Gravemind: "There is much talk. And I have listened. Through rock and metal and time. Now I shall talk, and you shall listen."

He raises two tentacles, one wrapped around a red Monitor, the other merged with an infected Prophet of Regret

2401 Penitent Tangent: "Greetings! I am 2401 Penitent Tangent. I am the Monitor of Installation 05."

Prophet of Regret: "And I am the Prophet of Regret, Councillor most High... Hierarch of the Covenant!"

2401 Penitent Tangent sees you.

2401 Penitent Tangent: "A Reclaimer? Here? At last! We have much to do. This facility must be activated if we are to control this outbreak!"

Prophet of Regret: "Stay where you are! Nothing can be done until my sermon is complete!"

2401 Penitent Tangent: "Not true. This installation has a successful utilization record of 1.2 trillion simulated and one actual. It is ready to fire on demand."