Assault on the Control Room (Halo-Combat Evolved)

I Would Have Been Your Daddy...

fades in to the interior of a large Forerunner dome, pan down to a long shaft, a Grunt paces on an open platform. Close up of the walking Grunt, while other Grunts are sleeping around him. He stops as he hears jets, he sniffs the air, and yelps as a Pelican rises up from the chasm in front of him, screams and runs towards the door.

Carol "Foehammer" Rawley (COM): "This is as far as I can go."

Cortana (COM): "Roger that, we can find our way to the Control Center from here."

Foehammer (COM): "Good luck. Foehammer out."

The Pelican hovers at the edge of the platform, the Spartans gets out. They proceed into a series of circular rooms and begins clearing them of Covenant.

Cortana: "The Covenant presence here is stronger than I anticipated. They seem to have the entire region secured."

The Spartans emerges onto a bridge, where he discovers that it is snowing.

Cortana: "Interesting... the weather patterns here seem natural, not artificial. I wonder if the ring's environment systems are malfunctioning... or if the designers wanted the installation to have inclement weather. "

A Pelican Dropship flies over the bridge. The Covenant forces on the bridge open fire.

Fire Team Zulu Sergeant (COM): "This is Fire Team Zulu requesting immediate assistance from any UNSC forces. Does anyone copy? Over."

Cortana: "I didn't think there were any human forces left on this part of the ring." (COM) "Cortana to Fire Team Zulu, I read you. Fire Team Zulu, this is Cortana. Hold position. We're on our way."

Fire Team Zulu Sergeant (COM): "Roger that. Make it quick."

The Pelican descends to an area below the bridge. The Spartans enters another structure and descends to the ground level, where they return to the canyon. A large number of Covenant have three Marines with an overturned Warthog cornered. A Covenant Wraith tank fires plasma mortars as Shade turrets and Ghost vehicles strafe the Marines.

Marine: "Glad you could join the party!"

You then charged at the enemies in the area with your pistol in one hand taking out the Covent who are firing at you when in the other hand you are holding one of your energy swords where you proceed to kill the Covent which are in front of you. The Chief helps you to take out the enemy with her assault rifle.

Marine: "They gave it their best shot, but they didn't count on running into the biggest squad of Marine bad-asses in the Corps!"

The Spartans find a second group of Marines fighting near a Scorpion tank. With his assistance they clear the area.

Marine: "Enemy forces eliminated. The area's secure."

Fire Team Zulu Sergeant: "That's the last of 'em - area secure. Stand down, team! They did their damnedest, that's for sure. This is all that's left of my platoon! The Covenant are down here in force... and they brought plenty of toys! I wouldn't have given us a snowball's chance until you showed up, Chief."

The Spartans and the Marines advance.

Marine: "Aw, crap. Let's get the hell outta here, man! Somebody call the dropship!"

Fire Team Zulu Sergeant: "You stow that garbage right now, mister. You're a Marine, so act like it, dammit! We've got a job to do here."

Cortana (COM): "Negative, team. No evac available at this time. But the Chief and I could use some assistance."