The Covenant (Halo 3)

Before this chapter begins I have a quick question to ask you all. Now as you properly noticed I have changed the cover of this book.

Now the question I want to ask is

Do you guys like it or did you prefer how it was before it got changed.

And is it just me or does the new cover remind you of a Star wars or a marvel movie poster.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trident

Three teams. Three towers.

Five Pelicans fly in. They are followed by two Separatist Phantoms. Behind them is the Sangheili Assault Carrier Shadow of Intent. The view changes to a large energy barrier surrounded by Covenant Loyalists

Commander Miranda Keyes (COM): "We hit these three generators, and the barrier will fall?"

343 Guilty Spark (COM): "A small section, yes."

A Grunt spots the flight formation as it approaches the mainland, jumps, and cowers.

Commander Keyes (COM): "Good enough. Johnson, drop Noble and his team at the first generator, then head to the third. The Elites will punch right down the middle."

Sergeant Johnson (COM): "Roger that."

The Pelicans and Phantoms break formation. Two Pelicans, including Hocus' bird carrying the you, Chief, Kat, and Thelya, head towards Tower 1. Anti-Air Wraith fire erupts around them.

Hocus (COM): "Charlie Foxtrot! Tower One approach has active Triple-A!"

Gunfire hits one of the engines of the following Pelican, forcing it to collide into Hocus' Pelican, tossing the Warthog it carried out onto the ground. The second Pelican swerves out of control.

Damaged Pelican Pilot (COM): "MAYDAY! I CAN'T CONTROL HER!"

The Pelican drops out of sight, followed by the sound of a crash and a muffled explosion.

Hocus (COM): "Pelican down! Pelican down!"

ODST Sergeant (Johnson) (COM): "Brace yourselves; we're going in a little hot!"

You grab a Spartan Laser and jumps off the Pelican with the others as well as the ODSTs.

ODST Sergeant (Stacker): "Pile out! Go go go! Alright, up the beach! Take out that Wraith!"

Hocus (COM): "Commander, this is Kilo 23. Lost my Wingman and our only Hog. Over."

Commander Keyes (COM): "Roger that, Hocus. Get out of there!"

You and your squad secured the beach, and with the Spartan Laser charged your fired it. In on shot you destroyed the Anti-Air Wraith.

ODST (COM): "Beachhead secure, Commander. Hostile Anti-Air has been neutralized."