:/ #50

Quick note: I did not proofread this. I explain why at the end. So keep grammar and mistakes to yourself pretty please. Thank you. Enjoy

"Papa?" The soft, confused, scared, almost child-like voice said. 

You duck as the two men looked in your direction. Well, below you at the door to the large room you were all in. 

"Miss?" The shorter man asked confused. "What are you doing here?" 

"What did he mean by 'Everything is going to plan'?" The voice said again. 
It sounded familiar. Like the American that you met early. 'What was her name? Melissa? I don't care.' You thought as you rolled your eyes. 

"D- Did you plan this villain attack. Was it all fake?" Melissa asked the taller man she called 'papa'. "No. It cant be. The papa I know would never do something like this." 

"We had to. To get the professor's machine back." The shorter male spoke. 

"The community, they said that our invention was too dangerous if it fell into the wrong hands. It amplifies quirks." The taller male, the shorter one called 'The Professor', explained. 

'Was that even possible. What would that do to my quirk?' You thought, confused. 

The shorter male started to speak again. "We knew we had to get the machine back. Our plan was to hire a group of actors to pretend that the island was being attacked by villains. We would steal the machine, and getaway on a helicopter, and continue our research elsewhere." 

'Oh shit. That is a not-so-great plan.' You thought. 
The thought of jumping out and calling them all lunatics was appealing but reckless. And something in your gut told you that there was something more cynical going on underneath the skin of this plan. So you stayed calm and didn't move. 

"B-But. Why?" Melissa asked. "Why would you do something this villainous?" 

"BECAUSE!" The professor exclaimed, probably louder than he anticipated. He grabbed the machine from the smaller male's hands and started walking down the steps. "I need to perfect it. For All Might." Your eyes widened slightly, out of shock, as he paused and took a second to calm down. "You guys probably don't know this, but All Might's quirk levels have been dropping significantly." He paused again. Then looked up with a little bit more energy. "B-But if I give him this, he can still be a hero. I can save the symbol of peace, just like he saves everyone else. I just need some more time." 

Soft whimpers and sobs came from Melissa. You assumed she started crying. "H-. It was all fake. But Deku and his friends-?" She started, softly. Then her voice grew in power. "DEKU AND HIS FRIENDS RISKED THEIR LIVES, TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?" 

'ExcUSE ME! Deku is not my friend. The absolUTE audacity!' You thought dramatically, exaggerating your feelings. 

You wanted to look at Melissa, but there was just no way without giving yourself away-
Wait. Thermal vision. 

You pulled out the little earpiece that the support course girl gave you, and put it in your ear. You double-tapped it to activate the glasses and pressed the first button, which gave your thermal vision. 

As you were turning to see Melissa, you noticed that 2 other figures were walking into the room. One was a lot larger than the other. They were both too tall to be anyone from the class, so you didn't know who they could be. 

"Now why would we be actors, when we are the real thing?" One of the figures asked. You could hear the smirk in his voice. 

"YOU MUST BE THE BOSS!" Deku said as he ran at the taller figure. 
The larger figure placed their hand on the door to the room, and metal rails moved, captured, and restrained Deku against some computers.