:/ #55

A.N: Ok real quick. There is going to be 'justified' homophobia/transphobia in the name of God. Specifically the Christian god. I understand that not all Christians act like this. It is just for the story. I really don't want any 'nOt aLl cHrIsTiAnS' comment. If you feel that you are going to get offended, please skip this chapter.
I was also too lazy to proofread so pls ignore any grammar. I was lazy.
That is all. Enjoy.

You walked towards your brother, after finding him. You tapped him on the shoulder. "Who are you looking for?"

"You know how there is always that one person at family gatherings that you love and hang out with?" He replied still looking around.

"Yea?"

"I'm looking for her." You nodded, and start looking around.

Then a girl caught your eye. She had medium-length, straight black hair and grey eyes. What drew her to your eye, was how much she stood out from her family. All of the girls were wearing either a long denim dress or a skirt with sunflowers on them. She, however, was wearing a black leather jacket, with a tight black skirt and fishnet leggings, along with a white tank top.

You tap on your brother's shoulder and point to the girl. "Is that who you're looking for?"

B/N smiled. "Yep. SARA!" He called to the girl, and she turned around. The moment she saw him, she ran over to him.

"Oh my god, there you are. Love the new look. Who's this?" She pointed to you confused.

"Sara, Y/N. Y/N, Sara. Sara is our cousin. Y/N is my older sister." B/N introduced. You and Sara nodded and said your hellos.

"Be careful. This family is super toxic. Like I believe in god and will go to church 'n stuff, but they go completely overboard." Sara explained crossing her arms.

You huff and look around. "So I've been told. I don't really care. I'm not afraid of a bunch of stupid adults that have nothing better to do with their lives than force their religion onto other people."

Sara nodded. "I like this one. ANd your top. Where did you get it?" You looked down and smiled, before telling her where you got your shirt.

***

It was finally time for some food. Everyone was gathering at the tables. All of the adults and teens were sitting at one table, and the little kids were at another.

Once everyone sat down, the old lady that you had met earlier, that you had found out was their grandmother, started to speak. "Ok everyone, let clasp our hands together and close our eyes to say grace." She said with a smile.
Everyone did what she said. Well, except for you and Sara. B/N was about to, then saw that you two weren't so he decided not to.

Your mother noticed that you were not doing so she tapped your shoulder. "Y/N, we are saying grace. Please, just cooperate just for today."

You chuckled slightly. "No. I don't wanna." You leaned back in your chair and started to look around.

The grandmother overheard this and opened her eyes. "I'm sorry? My dear, that is your mother. You must listen to her."

"Nah, I'll pass." You lean your head back and look up at the ceiling.

"Sweetheart. She is your mother. She gave birth to you. She deserves your respect."

You sit up and look at their grandmother. "I don't care if she is god herself. I will never respect people who leave their children."

That statement made your mother jump in. "It is fine mum. She can watch and see how it is done. Then she will know how to properly say grace." She smiled.