:/ #74

"Jesus, you scared me." You released the clutch on your chest as you closed your door and walked towards your dresser to find something more comfortable to wear. 

Bakugou stayed quiet and moved his glance to the ground. You looked over at him, pinching your eyebrows together. 
"What's your problem?" 

He kept his eyes on the ground, but he finally spoke. 
"Do you like him?" 

You looked smirked a little. 'Bingo.' You turned to him and replied, 
"And if I do-" 

"Answer the fucking question." You looked at him, your smirk fading slightly. 

"No. I don't." He tried to hide the breath of relief but you managed to see it. 
"It wasn't even a real date anyways. We just hung out. Plus he's pretty gay so..." 

A low growl escaped his lips as he looked away, either annoyed at you or angry at himself for not figuring that out. Or both. 

You pulled out an oversized t-shirt and a pair of short shorts, then began to change, making sure to turn your body away from Bakugou so your back was to him. While changing you asked, 
"Why do you even care. It's not like we're dating." 

You immediately regretted what you said. You didn't want him to think that you didn't like him. You did, but you two being together was completely out of the question. You couldn't. You would just hurt him. 

"So why don't we?" 

You stopped everything you were doing, and your face fell. 'No no no no no no. Don't say that.' 

You swallowed and pulled the shirt over your head. The sound of footsteps coming toward you caused your breath to hitch. 

You swallowed again, then replied, 
"What do you mean?" As if you didn't know. 
A part of you hoped that he meant something else, but you knew he didn't. 

"Come on Y/N you're not that stupid." He replied and rolled his eyes. He walked around and stepped in front of you. But you could not look him in the eyes. In fact, you could bearly look at him at all. You had to turn your head to look at the ground off to the side. Because that is obviously more important than him. 
"We act like we're dating anyway. Why not make it official?" 

"So what, you want me to be your little girlfriend?" 

'Stop talking. You're just gonna make it worse.' 

"You want to claim me as your property and let everyone know that I'm yours." You finally turned and looked him in the eyes. 
"You want another thing that you've 'Mastered' to boost your little ego. You want me to be there to make you feel better about your sad life." 

"You know that's not true." He growled, but you ignored him. 

"Oh really, because you never thought about this before. But then I give someone else a little bit of attention and suddenly you want to be with me. No, 'cause you only want to be with me so you can have something." 

You didn't mean anything you were saying. But what else could you do? You couldn't be trusted. This was for his protection. If he were to get what he wanted, you would just hurt him. Like everyone else. 

You could see the hurt and anger in his eyes. But you held your ground. Even though you wanted to hug him and tell him you were lying. Say that you don't believe any of that. But this was the only way to get him to back off. 

He growled slightly under his breath before sighing. 
"Fine." He turned away and started to walk towards your door. 
"Forget I said anything." 

The door closed behind him and everything finally set in.
"I'm-... I'm sorry. Please..." Tears started to fall down your face as your bottom lip quivered. 
"Please come back." You voice was no louder than a whispered. 

Knowing he wasn't going to come back was enough to make you side down your dresser and hug your knees. 

Outside the door, Bakugou stopped. The sound of your whimper; knowing that he was the one that made you cry, all he wanted to do was run in and hug you. Tell you that everything was going to be ok. 
But he couldn't. 'That can't really be what she thinks. Is it?' He wondered to himself. 

***

After a little while, you walked out of the elevator and immediately headed over to the kitchen.
You had washed off the maskara that used to be running down your face. 

You walked into the kitchen and started to look for something to eat. 
Jiro noticed you had entered the kitchen and decided to see what was going on with you. She had mentioned to Bakugou that he should mention his feelings towards you. She had assumed that you were reciprocate his feelings, since you were also in love with him. 

She tapped you on one shoulder, but moved to the other side to try and scare you. But you kept your eyes on what you were doing. 
"Hey." Her smile started to fade when she noticed the almost numb expression on your face. 

"Hey what's going on?" She asked, pulling you towards her so she could look you in the eyes. When you were facing her, the redness in your eyes were very prominent. 
"What happened?" 

You sniffled and pulled your arm out of her grasp. Then you looked towards the common area where some of the students were. You turned your gaze back to what you were doing and said, 
"I'll tell you later. When there aren't as many people around." 

Jiro nodded. 'What happened up there in her room?'

Words: 946
Hey guys. So I did not proof read because I was lazy and didn't want to. Sue me. 
Sorry it's really short. I wanted to save the next few scenes for the next chapter. 
I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you in the next chapter.