16 fear of heights

After their meal the emperor tossed Qian Tao a sword " we're going in disguise as cultivators you should at least bring your sword." Qian Tao caught the sword and placed it on his waist now he truly looked like a young cultivator. The emperor nodded in approval and stood up with his hands behind his back and jumped onto the window seal. " Let's go then."

Qian Tao "........."
" What did you think we were going to go through the front door concubine Tao did you perhaps forget that an emperor should not go out of the palace unless on official business?" The emperor continued " We are sneaking out of here We don't want any troublesome people knowing that We have left now come. You have mastered jumping off and climbing walls right?"

Qian Tao smiled in a menacing manner and asked " did your majesty ever teach me? Need I remind you I am a doctor not a martial artist I am not a prodigy in everything you know!!!!" The emperor laughed " We know We know then sorry for Our negligence! And excuse Us." The emperor then jumped off the window seal and picked up Qian Tao in a princess carry then he leapt out the window.

It took Qian Tao a while to register what had just happened and when he realized they were already on top of the palace wall. Then it hit him Qian Tao's fear of heights. His eyes widened and he clutched onto the emperor like he was clutching onto his last line of hope it took all he had not to scream and finally he stuttered a sentence out

" p-please g-go go..... D-down it's scary!!" The emperor found his state at this moment cute beyond anything he had ever seen and wanted to have some fun thus he dropped his hand that was supporting the latter's legs when he did he was amused when he saw that Qian Tao was still clinging onto him even without the support of his hands.

When Qian Tao felt the emperor remove his hands  that were supporting his  legs he panicked and his legs automatically wrapped around the latter's waist. He then wrapped his arms around the emperor's neck clinging onto him for dear life. Anyone who would see this scene would find it rather funny two grown man on a tall wall one in black the other in white one was standing as straight as a pole while the other was clinging onto him like a koala bear on a bamboo plant. 

The emperor laughed and patted Qian Tao's back seeing as he was on the verge of tears. He then lightly floated down and when his foot lightly touched the floor he gently said " you can let go now you won't fall down." However Qian Tao tightened his hold on him and shook his head " n-no n-never!!!" The emperor felt defeated and spoke in an even more gentle and low voice while gently caressing Qian Tao's back" it's ok it's ok we're on the ground now ok. You can let go."

Qian Tao though for a while and spoke his speech no longer stuttering " no! Nah! I am not letting go ever!!! You almost killed me you bastard!!!!" The emperor was shocked  " did you just call Us your emperor a bastard?!!!" Qian Tao confidently answered " what is the great and mighty emperor doing outside the palace huh? You said it yourself out here we are just normal cultivators!!!"

The emperor thought back to his words and sighed while having a defeated look on his face ' now that I think about it I can't even get angry at him.'  " I did say that fine then stay like that oh and it's rude to call me 'you' I'd rather you call me Ruo." Qian Tao nodded " As you wish Xiao Ruo!!". The emperor smiled and placed his hand behind Qian Tao's back and waist for support then began walking towards the city.

Today the streets were livelier than usual and when people saw the two in such an intimate position they gave them looks of disapproval especially the cultivators in white clothes, they kept looking at them and some of them would occasionally say things like "shameless" "in broad daylight!"  "No morals". Qian Tao was starting to get annoyed but seeing as the one holding him really did not care he kept quiet.

Just then a man in red clapped his hands and shouted " Good job brother let them all know whose wife that is !!!! Ha~~~ young Love!!! Honey do you remember when we used to be like that?" The female next to the man just giggled shyly. The man in white all snickered in disdain and commented "as expected of those demonic cultivators!".

The emperor well 'Ruo' kept walking ahead and Qian Tao was worried that those guys would start fighting " Ruo-" " Honey." Qian Tao was bemused " huh?" In all seriousness 'Ruo' answered " we're outside at least let me call you how I want since you have no fake name calling you Qian Tao would bring problems." Qian Tao lightly nodded in understanding. " What do they mean by demonic cultivators?" 'Ruo' answered " honey you'll find out later."

Being called honey by 'Ruo' made Qian Tao feel weird thus he removed his head from 'Ruo's neck and stared at him straight in the eyes then he saw it 'Ruo's eyes. Qian Tao had always thought that the only special thing about the emperor's eyes was their colour but now he could see it clearly the emperor had double pupils in his right eye they truly were beautiful.

The emperor stopped walking and tilted his head to the left in confusion and asked the now blushing Qian Tao " Honey? What's wrong?"  The latter was unaware but right now he looked extremely cute with his purple eyes staring back at Qian Tao a pale face and lips that had a tint of pink hair that was left hanging freely 'Ruo' looked as tempting as the devil. Qian Tao snapped out of it and looked away from 'Ruo' while sternly stating

" call me Xi" the emperor was confused at the name choice but decided to play along " ok Xi-chan."  Qian Tao nodded in satisfaction until they heard a loud scream. "Help Someone please HELP!!!! My son is dying anyone please!!!!!"

*Until they go back to the palace the emperor shall be addressed by Ruo.