33 Multiple personalities

* I will be changing the style from third person to first person hence forth I shall also enable multiple view points I hope everyone does not mind.

At the palace hall

Everything developed as Xingfu said they would. According to the plan the emperor's would be stun by my selfless request thus holding me in a higher regards than before, then they would give me the reward except after all was said and done xingfu went off script.

" Concubine Tao for your selfless request I could not be prouder to have you as an underling but when I think of all that you have suffers and that you will not get compensation I get sad so how about I give you something instead?" 'ah this nasty guy is this the signal he told me about as if I would agree!!! I believe in my Yueliang he will help me' after affirming in my heart I calmly rejected

" This lowly Concubine thanks the great *emperor leader Yang for his kindness but this lowly one will have to refuse your majesty." Silence permitted the hall at my refusal I knew it was a bad decision to refuse but I believed in Yueliang and his promise so I refused I also believed that Xingfu would not make things difficult for me , but unexpectedly Xingfu said " Oh my is this Emperor Leaders gift really so undeserving of you that you would reject it without even considering?"

A chilly air immediately swept through the already quiet hall, I gulped it would seem my conclusion just now was wrong "T-that emperor leader has it all wrong I did not mean that it's just that I'm so lowly how could I dare ?!!" Xingfu suddenly laughed coldly " A mer commoner dares address himself as 'I' infront of great Yang?!!" Ok that's it it's official Xingfu has lost it completely did he have a multiple personality disorder? Happy one moment angry the next? I gritted my teeth ok bow now then break all relation with him later.

I dropped to my knees and prostrated my self to him " This lowly one does not dare your Greatness!!!" Out of the corner of my eye I could see Yueliang glaring at Xingfu but too bad his position was to small and he could not speak up after all he is just a stand in emperor who is still young. Xingfu hummed in response " Then to prove your sincerity stand up and accept my kindness" I mentally rolled my eyes ' here we go back to normal speech ok that's it I get it all psychos get the power right ?!!' before me was a choice of death or betraying.

Honestly I love Yueliang and believe in him truly but in such a spot I would naturally choose myself this is another thing I got from the chat I had with Xingfu. " Listen Tao I love your whole selfless attitude and all but sometimes humans must be greedy in order to live and lookout for their lively hoods first before anyone else. I have seen your behavior although you may appear ready to put your life on the line for your loved ones you actually value your life a lot don't you?"

I looked down unwilling to answer " look" Xingfu continued " Your behavior and actions are really a double edged sword one hand you want to live the other you want to exchange your life for someone else's recklessly?" I continued to keep my silence Xingfu sighed " look all I am saying is that next time look before you leap and see if that person needs your protection or not. Like now if you had sat and considered you could have seen that Yueliang would have been fine even without your protection after all what is his innate nature? Isn't it wood? Can't he make himself a shield although it's borrowed power it's still powerful enough to save him after all he is at the immortal realm."

Looking up I asked " borrowed power" xingfu sighed " that's all you care about? Listen well kid and protect yourself first and don't get involved in useless matters."

Thinking up to now I made up my mind i looked up and made a firm decision " This lowly Concubine will the accept The emperor leaders generosity" Xingfu hooked the corner of his lips up in a dazzling smile " Good."

* I think the name explains it's self it's basically the leader of all the emperor's in this case since Xingfu is currently the most powerful he can be regarded as the emperor leader.