22 Yueliang Hao

" We're finally here huh? That was fucking quick!" The emperor stated as he lazily looked outside the carriage while slumped in his chair. Qian Tao quietly stared at him ' he really is different from when he was in the palace' for the past week the emperor had completely dropped the royal behavior although it's good to be yourself but ' does he have to be such a lazy hooligan?' the emperor who used appropriate speech and posture has now completely thrown all that out the window. Improper posture and rough language a face that looked bored when quiet and looked even more bored when he talks with others. " When we arrive I'll leave you in the inn. Is that fine or do you want to come along?"

Qian Tao eyes widened at this and he asked " you will let me come with you?" Although the latter had forgiven him for snicking in the carriage and let him come with him here Qian Tao though that the was no way *yueliang would bring him along to the place where the action took place. " It's much less of a bother if I take you with me. If I leave you in such a dangerous place alone I'll keep worrying about you."

Yueliang quickly added on " but of cause you can stay at the inn and rest it's up to you really." Qian Tao pondered for a while ' if I go with him now I'll be forced to communicate with other people but I really don't want to leave this guy on his own .........I'll just relax later.' Qian Tao nodded " cool I'll just go along with you." Yueliang hummed in response. The carriage continued along it's path to the palace. The streets were packed with people which made Qian Tao doubt that it was in a middle of a losing war with the demon tribe. Thus Qian Tao decided to ask " did you not say that this kingdom is almost taken over by the demonic tribe? Don't these people look too relaxed?"

Yueliang looked at Qian Tao then looked out the window " Don't get fooled this is like a safe zone" he the pointed Eastward " The war is Eastward. The army is currently holding off the demon tribe from coming west into the palace" " I see that's why we went around and avoided the Eastern side. So is that our battle field?" Qian Tao asked  " yeah that's it but first we have to go to the palace to meet the others." Yueliang answered. " I see but but can I ask why doesn't the palace just give us rooms instead of us staying in an inn?" Qian Tao
asked with curiosity written all over his face.

" Or are you so powerless that they won't even offer you a room in the palace? If  your being bullied tell me I'll definitely crush them for you!!!" Yueliang chuckled at Qian Tao's words and shook his head " They did give us a room it's just that I worried you would feel uncomfortable around new faces so I booked an inn." Qian Tao hummed in agreement "but it's ok to take the room it's going to be  inconvenient if we're going to go there and come back here every day won't it?" Yueliang agreed on that point " ok. I guess we'll stay at the palace then." The rest of the ride was filled with a comfortable silence.

" Ah!! Hao your finally here!!!!" Yueliang smiled professionally and slightly bowed  " Greetings to the prince of Ma." " What is this greeting? We are of the same age group!! Please speak freely to me!" The man smiled " Thank you prince Hsin" Hsin smiled and yueliang looked back at the carriage " Concubine Tao you may now exit the carriage." Qian Tao lightly sighed and got out of the carriage but when he did he smelled the most putrid stench ' He doesn't seem like a bad guy though he also looks clean enough so where is that horrid smell coming from?'

Since arriving here there has been a death like scent and it became extremely strong when prince Hsin along with his guards arrived.' Qian Tao smiled and made a formal greeting to prince Hsin who accepted it " it seems our little Hao chose a rather pretty wife!" Yueliang lightly smiled "Thank you for the compliment prince Hsin"

" Although I think my sister will have some grievances-" yueliang cut him off " Can we head in now prince Hsin there are a lot of  people waiting no?" Prince Hsin just smiled " Of cause  would concubine Qian like to go rest while me and hao go to the meeting?" Qian Tao shook his head " Not necessary." Slightly taken aback Hsin asked "Then do you have a place you want to go in mind? Like the garden? The medical center? The tea room?"
" I am actually going to the meeting with the emperor your majesty." Hsin though he misheard and asked " what?" Qian Tao calmly answered " I know medicine and can fight so rather than sitting back and doing nothing is it not better that I also contribute?"

  ' besides I feel uncomfortable knowing yueliang is fighting alone I mean should he die I'd lose my only source of income!!' Hsin felt stupefied for a moment but then regained his wits and smiled " I see then shall we go in" Hsin turned and led them towards the meeting room. Yueliang looked at Qian Tao and the latter winked at him yueliang smiled in defeat before shaking his head.

* I'm gonna start addressing the emperor by his name from now on so I hope no one will be confused.