20 Troubles 2

" So tell me what happened?" Qian Tao asked as he placed his chopsticks on the now empty bowl infront of him. " A lot of things actually from the harem to the kingdom."
" What's going on with the harem?"

The emperor instantly looked a thousand years older at the mention of the harem but he still spoke " You see since a while ago I have been clearing out my harem starting with the ger's  some of them went without complain while the others I had to persuade. Longs story short I managed to kick out the ger's then I went to the female all of them are nearly gone except for two people."

Qian Tao was amazed when he heard that the emperor had kicked out most of the concubines although he was curious why he chose not to ask " Let me guess one is my sister and the other is that concubine who held the tea party Miss................... Ehhh I forgot her name." The emperor chuckled a little and answered " Miss Tang her name is Sakura Tang her father is the minister of finance the second most powerful man in this kingdom." Qian Tao felt weird and asked

" second most powerful? How powerless are you? Your not even the second most powerful?" The emperor answered honestly " well you see  we fourth in the ranking of power." Qian Tao truly felt bemused at this statement and asked " are you even an emperor how are you so powerless? In your kingdom non the less!!?"  The emperor shrugged his shoulders " Its not like We are the official emperor anyway." " Not the official emperor?" The emperor smiled at Qian Tao's confused expression and explained " You see Our parents never gave Us the throne officially......... Honestly speaking they just left me to take care of things saying they were going on a holiday some people believe they are dead but I know they are alive and well busy lazing around."

Qian Tao's mouth twitched " so your saying your parents left the fourteen year old you to take care of the throne?"
The emperor nodded " Yeah thus my parents are ranked above me...... Actually it's more better to say they are above all of us including the prime minister but since they are not here the prime minister is the strongest no matter how hard I try to cut his power in half." Qian Tao just sighed at the weak emperor. " Your majesty General Lui Yu asked for entry." The emperor stood up and walked over to his desk then he called Qian Tao over to the seat beside him " Let him in." Lui Yu respectfully bowed " your majesty and concubine Qian Tao greetings."

Qian Tao pff-ed " don't be so formal bro!!! Please have a seat" Lui Yu sat down and avoided the death states he was getting from the emperor. " Ehem! Your majesty have you decided yet? The other kingdoms have already started to move." The emperor nodded " If it's that clan we have no other choice but to move." Lui Yu looked relieved " I am glad your majesty agrees this servant will set out tomorrow along with half the army.-"  The emperor interrupted Lui Yu " We are afraid you are mistaken only you and Us are going no one else." Lui Yu panicked " Your majesty you can't!!!" 

The emperor spoke in a cold tone " are We so weak in your eyes General? " Lui Yu panicked even more " No of cause not but-" the emperor cut him off " then it's decided-" " Are you going to war?" His voice made the two who were arguing stop for a while.
Qian Tao originally could care less about what was happening but seeing the intensity of the two people he got curious. The emperor avoided Qian Tao's eyes while Lui Yu spoke up " You see the demon clan has attacked the kingdom of Usui and has almost taken control of it. So the kingdoms emperor Axel Ma has reached out asking for help."

Qian Tao felt iffy at the mention of demons and asked " So you and the emperor are going?" This time the emperor replied " No we will be taking along two more people who are good at martial arts." Qian Tao nodded in understanding " I guess since the emperor is going the other emperor's are also personally intervening ? Or are you going because you have no other choice? If so I as your husband will beat up those who dare bully my powerless wife!!!!!"

Lui Yu faked a cough while the emperor's face turned odd. " We want to go besides each kingdoms emperor is going to help out. We also lack many strong individuals so by sending Us, Lui Yu and two other strong individuals we can at least leave the army to protect the kingdom and most of all like all the other emperor's personally see how strong the demons have gotten to have Axel on his feet like this."
' demon clan....' Qian Tao felt guilt and shame but still held back and asked " When are you leaving?"

The emperor answered " Tomorrow at dawn." Qian Tao nodded he then stood up and left with an unreadable expression. The emperor and Lui Yu pondered about his expression for a while before putting it off for a while.

For the rest of the day Qian Tao was shut in his room he only came out to eat lunch and dinner with the emperor even then he did not say much. The emperor concluded that Qian Tao must be angry at him leaving but still chose not to speak as he was not really good at comforting others and feared that he would only make Qian Tao even more angry. They rested that night in a quiet
and delicate situation.