35 Going back

A week later

As I sat in the glamours carriage uncle Axel had prepared for me. I stared at the beautiful young man in a light blue robe and hair tied up in a ponytail sitting opposite me with a bandage covering half of plump face a small sting was felt in my heart when I thought of how he got injured. Even so even though he was now disfigured this did not hide the natural charm he possessed. Not only was this man beautiful but could also get the Ma army to respect him enough to even see them off come to think of it he even got that devil Xingfu to treat him so we'll under normal conditions Tao would have died twice on the day he received his reward.

Shaking my head I fixed my thoughts and began thinking seriously about the upcoming war and most importantly about the guards Xingfu will be sending to each kingdom under the word of it being much easier to communicate looking at the youth opposite me once again an idea flashing through my head it should be fine right it's not like Qian Tao has any secrets and he is always at home so it's probably for the best.

Now with the war I need help after all I am just a powerless temporary emperor if I want to help win this war I need an army I looked up at Qian Tao ' specifically his dad's army' my problems are way too many. Thinking of that sly old fox prime minister Qian my head starts to hurt I wonder what he would want in exchange for the army seal? ' huu. I should stop overthinking for now' looking at the youth opposite me for the nth time I begin engaging in light a conversation that seems to make time go faster.

Qian Tao's point of view

We arrived back at the kingdom two days later. The journey back really was shorter than the journey when going to the Ma kingdom.  The way to the palace was smooth with occasional citizens who would kneel down as soon as they saw the carriage and the better informed one would shout congratulations on our victory. Arriving at the palace the sight the greeted me the minute I got off the carriage was the emperor's Concubines bowing to our ride they said in unison " Welcome back your majesty!" As if acknowledging them Yueliang hummed in response " You may stand". As they stood up my line of vision landed on the woman clad in red standing at the front with a layer of heavy make up it was my sister Qian Bai I swear does this girl only know how to paint her face? Not only her but the other concubines too. They either wore fancy like concubine Tang, or wore like some prostitutes like concubine Huang thinking about it now these three are the only concubines I know the names of and I only know this Huang thanks to some maid who was gossiping and pointing at her. There is enough time anyway I'll just get used to them a little bit at a time. Qian Bai suddenly spoke up " Your Majesty this lowly servant along with her fellow sisters in arms have set up a banquet in the name of your victory and for your highness and this lowly ones brother. This lowly one hopes your highness will not refuse to join us." He probably won't accept it right? Well he was complaining about having a lot to do and stuff so he probably won't. To my surprise Yueliang actually agreed with his trade mark cold tone" As you will." His concubines immediately brightened up more than before. I lightly glanced at him with my one eye and looked away as if only noticing me now Qian Bai called out to me " T-Tao? What happened to your face why is it bandaged did you get hurt? is it painful let sister have a look ok?" Without waiting for my reply she came towards me and held my hand her eyes tearing up " Who did this to you? How come you did not write a letter to tell me about this I would have asked dad to immediately deploy the army to come and kill the scum demon who hurt you!!!" " Do you know how worried I was about you when you suddenly disappeared? Tao don't be so reckless look at you now injured !!!"  What was this? A movie ? You act so well dear sister you must really consider being a story teller!!! Controlling my facial expression I cough awkwardly " Thank you elder sister for your concern but your younger brother is just fine  I just need some rest." This time it was concubine Tang who spoke up " Of cause. Take my guard with you to your court yard we shall send a maid to call you when it's time for the banquet nodding my head I bowed to Yueliang who was standing beside me " This one shall see you all later." I turned around and returned to my room with the guard from concubine Tang following behind me.