39 not the same

Qian Tao POV

"Are you ok young master?" Wû Mu asked in a concerned tone. "If young master doesn't mind young master can talk to us." Yi said in a voice slightly above a whisper. I sighed at the sight of my friends being worried about me "I told you to call me Tao. I mean that's what all my friends call me after all."

Wû Mu looked ready to protest and I just waved her off "Don't give me that 'we wouldn't dare' crap. Your both older than me anyway I feel uncomfortable with you treating me so respectfully. Besides with the amount of time you spend with me we might as well be friends." I pick up my speed towards the now visible courtyard. Yi and Wû Mu say nothing the whole way back. I think my little speech finally shut them up thankfully. Opening the door to my room I am met with a dark robed figure perched on my window frame. " Your majesty." I say without any emotions. Yueliang signals for Yi and Wû Mu to leave. Which they do but not before Yi threw a glare at Yueliang that only I caught because I was looking at them leave.

After they finally closed the door Yueliang spoke in his usual low and deep tone "Back to calling Us your majesty again?" I looked at him and sat down at the at table. "What does your majesty want?" Yueliang gave me a look of disapproval "Tao are you angry at Us?" I looked at him and shook my head "Don't lie to me even We would be upset in this situation."

I once again shook my head, I was being honest I wasn't sure if it was the demon in me or just the way I was brought up but after the initial shock of finding out that my boyfriend was going to get married to the person responsible for my death last life I found my emotions start to get closed off again. " Look Tao we had to get married to your sister. We need as many soldiers as we can and the prime minister offered us his 30 000 solders to assist us at a price of me making his daughter empress." I nod "Ok I see but why are you here your majesty?"

"We came to explain to you why we made your sister empress."
I looked at him and nodded "it's ok I understand you need to win the war anyway." Yueliang sighed in relief "we are glad that you understand. We really needed the extra man power as we'll be fighting those disgusting demons."

I felt a pang in my chest when he said that, did he hate demons that much? Would he hate me too if I told him or worse kill me? I gulped to moister my dry throat. "Do you hate the demons that much?" I asked with a smile at the end to make my question seem random. "Of cause we do." My heart sank but I still held onto a tiny bit of hope "But don't you cultivate like a demonic cultivator?" Yueliang smiled at me "Ah our dear Tao how are you so clueless? Listen to us well. Demonic cultivators use the same method as demons to cultivate but that does not mean we are the same as those monsters. Thus We can hate those vile creatures and use their techniques against them-"
"What if someone you loved was a demon?" Yueliang seemed taken aback at me cutting his words off.

" Well if someone We loved was a demon We guess that we would  consider giving them a less painful death."my heart sank fully I could feel myself get queasy at the thought of killing a loved one because they were a demon. I stood up doing my best not to stumble. "Where are you going Tao?" I looked at him to see him smiling gently at me but for some reason his smile made my blood run cold especially knowing that he would not hesitate to kill me if he found out that I was a demon half blood or not. "I-its been a long day.... I am going to freshen up and head to bed." Yueliang nodded "Ok then. I'll wait for you. Today I'll stay the night here." I managed a weak smile before walking to the bathroom and bathing. Since I've arrived in this world I have never slept so on edge before now.

I felt his muscular hands wrap around my waist usually this would made me calm down but now I felt my blood run cold at the touch. I could only hope to fall asleep quickly and run away from the thoughts of how this man would kill me if he found out about my situation.