17 A free doctor

Qian Tao jolted up from that scream when 'Ruo' saw his reaction he asked him " you want to check it out?" Qian Tao nodded "Mn."  Ruo went towards the source of the sound Qian Tao turned his head so he could get a better look but when he did his lips lightly brushed Ruo's cheek. Qian Tao did not notice as he was too focused on the sound  Ruo's steps faulted but he quickly got his steps in the right order again. When they arrived the sight before them made Qian Tao slightly gasp.

A young man about Qian Tao's age was laying on the floor his left leg dislocated along with his shoulder, blood was streaming from his mouth it seemed that he had broken a rib and that rib might have pierced one of his internal organs. " Want to help Xi-chan?" Ruo asked leisurely. Qian Tao nodded excitedly " yeah let's go closer" Qian Tao looked at the crying couple and said " Excuse me for being forward but do you mind if I take a look and see if I can help." The couple looked at him up and down Qian Tao had expected to be chased away but contrary to that the couple nodded " please righteous cultivator please help save our son!!!"

Qian Tao nodded " Ok then his situation is rather delicate we can't move him so let's make this place an operating worthy place can you do that Ruo-kun"  Ruo immediately pulled out a tent from his storage ring Qian Tao was amazed since the tent appeared out of thin air and camped directly where the young man was Qian Tao quickly shook off his shock and said

" Put me down now daddy has some work to do." Ruo put him down but when he did Qian Tao stumbled and almost fell luckily Ruo was still supporting him and when he finally got over the weakness in his knees due to being a koala on Ruo for too long he asked for a knife, strong sewing string, durable steel, towels  and alcohol . Luckily Ruo had all those in his storage ring and gave them to Qian Tao. " Give me 30minutes or so." He then went inside and closed the tent behind him. Although they could not move the man Qian Tao had managed to put two blankets under him after the necessary preparations he began. He cut an incision just above the young man's stomach so he could see and fix the broken rib and pierced organ. The damaged organ like how he had thought was the man's lung but luckily it did not go all the way through.

Qian Tao carefully removed the rib bone and stitched the lung up he then used the piece of steel he had asked for to fix up the man's rib cage bone Qian Tao then checked for anymore troubles and when he found none he stitched him back up. When the biggest issue was taken care of he hit the man's bones into place, wiped the sweat of his face and said " you can come in now you too Ruo your husband has finished." The old couple looked at Ruo and asked "your his wife?" Ruo answered honestly " husband." The couple nodded in understanding.

When Ruo got in he saw the young man in a much better state than before, the couple ran to his side and were continuously thanking Qian Tao. Qian Tao kept on insisting that it was nothing and that they need not pay him. Qian Tao then spoke " Wifey do you have medicine to cure pain or something?" Ruo was shook ' am I the wife here?!!!' but still nodded and gave  a bottle of pills to Qian Tao who took them out and put one into the young man's mouth. He nodded in satisfaction when the young mans face became less pale and was about to stand up when the young man unexpectedly woke up and clutched onto his hand "y-you........." Before the man could finish Ruo pulled Qian Tao over and hit the man's neck knocking him out cold. Qian Tao was about to scold Ruo when he heard noise from outside the tent when they looked out there was a long line of people either with broken limps or with concussions. They were all begging Qian Tao for help since they have seen him help that young man inside the tent. Qian Tao felt a headache coming on especially when he saw the couple who parent the young man inside the tent telling the people in the line how Qian Tao is such a good doctor and how he is 100% free. Qian Tao was stuck between flatly refusing and being the bad guy or helping out. Don't get him wrong Qian Tao knows he is no hero and can't save everyone but thinking that he is the emperor's concubine he thought he should at least contribute thus making the load on the emperor's shoulders less heavier. Qian Tao then nodded " fine come in one at a time I'll attend you all."

He then looked towards the emperor " don't worry wifey your husband will be  done real quick." Thus it began from morning to noon to evening Qian Tao was healing patients while he was working the patients would comment on how Qian Tao did not discriminate and healed both demonic and righteous cultivators some commented on the emperor who was giving out high grade medicine for free and how the emperor is lucky to have a husband who is a doctor which he didn't really mind since it was almost impossible to tell that Qian Tao was a ger since he looked more manly than the average ger which gave him unbelievable beauty. When the final patient left Qian Tao felt relieved. " Finally!!!! Ruo what now just look at this mess today was supposed to be our play day but I ended up working half the day away don't be upset ok Ruo-kun I'll surely find us a chance to sneak out again!!!"

Ruo shook his head while smiling ' is he an idiot? Instead of complaining about the patients he is worried about me being unhappy about our play day? He could have easily refused but he still agreed is he some sort of god of kindness??' " ok let's go eat some food you must be hungry after all healing a hundred plus people without rest is tiring." Qian Tao nodded the two then walked out the tent and headed for towards the stalls selling various foods Ruo asked the drooling Qian Tao who was walking besides him " what do you want to eat?"

Qian Tao looked up at Ruo and woefully answered " I don't know much about the food of the outside world" Ruo nodded and didn't ask more deeply on the topic  " ok then I'll introduce you to some of my favorites!! You have any allergies?" Qian Tao shook his head. " Good then let's have some Xianggu Youcal then try some xi qin bal he then we can try some Nan gua gua Jiang for your sweet tooth shall we go?"

Qian Tao smiled brightly and nodded energetically  " Let's go Ruo-kun". The two of them walked around and bought almost at all the stalls starting with Ruo's suggestions which Qian Tao enjoyed they continued to walk around and eat food until Qian Tao stopped walking and sat down on the middle of the road while whining " I am tired!! I need to rest my back is killing me!!"