37 the banquet

As I lay on my bed looking out the window blankly a million thoughts went through my head. This world really is tiring shifting up I suddenly remembered a forgotten person whom I could always confide in brother Lee Yu.

Come to think of it since coming here I barely communicated with him thinking this far I made up my mind tomorrow I would go and visit him and have a chat like the golden days!! Having thought this far I began to drift off to sleep and two hours I was awoken. Taking a bath and changing clothes and wearing a baby blue robe with my hair tied up in a neat way using the jade hair pin Yueliang gave me sometime ago to be honest I don't really like it as it seems too girly but what can I do? Just wear it and be happy!. Yi came in after I was done and gave me the box I had received from that hateful psychopath ( Xingfu) looking up at him I blinked " The emperor leader told me to have you wear this every day for it's a protective gem " The  me who knew how worthless this gem was inwardly scoffed but I still wore it as the necklace looked nice and Lord knows what that psycho would do If I just let this gem collect dust! I can just wear it under my clothes no biggie. Seeing that I was done Yi respectfully asked " does young master want to leave yet the banquet is about to begin" I really though we were over the whole respectfully addressing me thing and besides shouldn't he call me concubine? On second thought young master sounds better. " Yes Yi let's go I don't want to arrive last and be the center of attention."

Yi nodded and moved to follow behind me. When I walked out Wû Mu ran to me and wordlessly came to walk behind me as well. ' If people saw this they would mistaken these two for bodyguards.' I took my time walking to the palace while observing the darkening sky that let to a light violet colour. ' The sky is beautiful today mom would have liked it.'  We finally arrived at the main palace which had bright lanterns hanging outside making the palace look even more brighter going inside two rows of tables were placed facing each other with the emperor's chair being higher up in the middle of the two tables so he could see all of the people freely. On the left the table there sat the emperor's Concubines and on the right were officials and war lord's while I was still scouting I saw several familiar faces one of them being my family and the other was coming towards me " Greetings concubine Tao." Smiling I bowed " Greetings general Lui" we looked at each other before we both let out bright smiles " So how is life with an eye patch?" There it was his annoying remarks! Rolling my eyes  I answered back " don't annoy me I may be weak now but I can still take you down!" Raising his hands in surrender " Yeah yeah your the big boss who destroyed hell and bought your people to salvation." Shaking my head I begin to leave but not before saying " Stop speaking nonsense for someone who still owes me food your sure do piss me off a lot."

Lui Yu smiled and said " don't worry this gege here will indeed pay his depts." Walking to my seat with the two who looked bemused behind me I chose to ignore them and continue on my way. As soon as I sat down the concubines eyes landed on me some looked at me with hatred some envy and some disgust. I really hated these stares but what was I to do? Keeping my composure I sat quietly and waited for the powerhouses in the harem to arrive.