Chapter 8: The Aftermath

(One week later)

Y/N's P.O.V

It's been a week since mum and I lost grandpa to the shooter that I let go, and it's been very hard for both mum and I.

We had the funeral yesterday and it went as well as any funeral can go. I haven't been to a funeral since my father's death, so it's been awhile since I've felt this way.

School has been different too, ever since people found out about my grandfather they look at me like I'm made of glass.

I'm currently walking through the school halls right now, and people are still looking at me the same way. Like I'm made of glass.

I go over to my locker and start putting my books into it.

I then see Isaac coming over to me out of the corner of my eye. Isaac hasn't gone near me since I fucked up his nose.

Isaac: Hey L/N.

I just shake my head.

Y/N: Not today Isaac. I'm not in mood.

He puts his hand on my shoulder.

Isaac: Come on man, I...

I feel the same anger that I felt that night. I grab Isaac and throw him up against the lockers.

Isaac: It feels better, right? Look, your grandfather died. I'm sorry, I get it. I'm sorry. Okay?

I start to cry again so I slowly put Isaac down. I then slam my locker shut, grab my bag and walk away.

As I walk away I see Mia infront of me.

Mia: Y/N?

I just break down and Mia pulls me into a hug, she then kisses me on the cheek.

Mia: (Whispers) I'm so sorry Y/N.

I just nod.

Y/N: (Whispers) Thank you.

After that we pull away and she wipes away my tears.

Mia: Come on, come with me.

I nod and follow her outside.

(Six hours later)

I'm now at home and I'm feeling slightly better after talking with Mia at school.

I go upstairs and see mum asleep in her room. I then go over to the bed and pull her blanket over her. I'm just glad that she's still able to sleep after everything.

After doing that I go to my room and get to work. If I'm gonna be a hero, I'm gonna need a new and better suit.

An hour later I finally finish up the sketch for my new suit.

Y/N: Now, I just need to make this suit a reality.

(Two days later)

So it's been two days now and I've finished my suit. Now, all I need is a partner to help me out, and I know the perfect person to go to.

I call Justin and ask him to come by the house, luckily mum has gone to work so she's not gonna see anything. Mum wants to work as it helps her with her grieving.

After an hour or so I hear a knock at my bedroom door.

Justin: Hey Y/N, it's me.

Y/N: Come in.

The door opens and Justin walks in.

Justin: Hey man.

Y/N: Hey.

Justin: So, what's going on? Why'd you need me to come here so urgently?

Y/N: There's something I need to tell you, or technically I need to show you something.

Justin: Okay, what is it?

I stand from my chair.

Y/N: Just watch.

I go to the middle of room. I then jump up and stick to the ceiling.

I look down and see that Justin has a shocked look on his face.

Justin: Whoa! How'd you do that bro!?

I drop down from the ceiling and land on my feet.

Y/N: You remember when we went on that field trip to Oscorp?

Justin: Yeah.

Y/N: Well, when we were there I got bit by the missing spider from that display case and the bite gave me super spider powers.

Justin: Oh shit! That is so cool! So why tell me about this now?

Y/N: Because I need you man. You're my best friend and I need a partner if I'm gonna be the hero that this city needs.

I look out of my bedroom window.

Y/N: I've seen what the criminals in this city are capable of, and I need to use this power to stop them and protect the city. But I also need a partner to help me, and I want that partner to be you. If you're up for it that is.

I raise my hand up.

Y/N: So, what do you say? Are you in?

He smiles and we clasp hands.

Justin: Yeah brother. I'm in.

I nod and smile.

Y/N: Good, now do you wanna see something else that's cool?

Justin: Obviously.

I leave the room and come back a few minutes later in my new suit.

Justin sees me in the suit and his eyes widen.

Justin: Wow. You look like a real superhero man.

I nod and take off my mask.

Y/N: I'm glad you approve.

Justin: So, you have the powers and the suit. Now you just need a cool superhero name.

Y/N: I have one already.

Justin: Okay, what is it?

Y/N: Spider-Man. My name is the Ultimate Spider-Man.

Justin: Nice.

Now that I have a new suit and a partner I'm ready to defend the city of New York and be the hero that it needs.