Chapter 77: Finding Crossbones

(Lagos, Nigeria. April, 2016. Y/N's age: 20.)

Y/N's P.O.V

So I'm now in Lagos with Cap, Sam, Yelena, Natasha, Wanda and Isaac.

I'm sitting on a bench across the street from the police station wearing a cap and sunglasses, I see Sam and Isaac on two different rooftops nearby.

I look across from me and see Yelena, Wanda and Natasha.

As I'm sitting there I hear Cap come over the comms.

Steve: Alright, what do you see?

Y/N: Just some standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street.

Wanda: Well, that's a good target.

Steve: There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?

Wanda: Cameras.

Steve: Both cross roads are one-way.

Yelena: So, compromised escape routes.

Steve: That means our man isn't afraid of being seeing and doesn't care whether or not he makes a mess on the way out. Wanda, you see that Range Rover halfway up the block?

Wanda: Yeah, it's cute.

Y/N: It's also bullet proof.

Natasha: Which means more security, which means a bigger headache for us.

Wanda: You guys know I can move stuff with my mind, right?

Isaac: Wanda, no-one likes a show-off.

Natasha's: Yeah, well looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature.

Isaac: Anyone ever tell you that you're a little paranoid?

Natasha: No, not to my face, why what have you heard?

Yelena: I have, multiple times.

Natasha: Well, you're my sister, you don't count.

Steve: Alright, cut the chatter people. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in four months. I'd rather not lose him.

Sam: If he sees us coming I don't think that will be a problem considering he hates all of us.

A minute or so later we realise that Rumlow and his crew aren't attacking the police and that they're looking for a bio weapon, so we head to the same place to stop him.

Cap then gives us an update.

Steve: Body armor, AR-15s. I make eight hostiles.

I then swing in wearing my full suit and take down two of the hostiles.

(A/N: Just a quick reminder of what the new suit looks like

(A/N: Just a quick reminder of what the new suit looks like.)

Y/N: I make six Cap.

Wanda then comes in and grabs a hold of two of the hostiles.

Wanda: Sam? Isaac?

Sam and Isaac then flies/swing in and takes the two down.

Sam: I count four.

Isaac: That was fun.

I jump down and join the others on the ground.

Sam: Rumlow is on the third floor.

Steve and I walk over to Wanda.

Y/N: Alright, Wanda just like we practiced.

Wanda: What about the gas?

Steve: Get it out.

Wanda uses her powers to send Steve and I up to the third floor.

Once we're inside Cap and I start taking down Rumlow's men that are still inside.

After dealing with Rumlow's crew we find out that he's not here and the bio weapon is gone.

Steve and I then start to outrun explosions that are around us.

These explosions send Cap and I out of the window, we then hit the ground hard.

We both manage to get to our feet and look around.

Steve: Y/N, we gotta get after Rumlow. We can't lose him again.

Y/N: Alright, let's go.

Cap and I run off to find Crossbones.

We go to the market place searching for Rumlow.

After finding the truck they were in and see a bomb inside.

I quickly use my webs to grab the bomb and throw it high enough in the air so the explosion doesn't kill anyone.

Cap and I look around to see Crossbones coming towards us.

We fight Rumlow for a few minutes, I manage to disarm him and I web his arms to the ground.

Cap then rips off his mask and we see that his face is all messed up from the building being dropped on him.

Rumlow: All things considered, I think I look pretty good.

Y/N: Who the hell is your buyer?

Rumlow: You know, he remembered you? Your buddy, your Bucky.

Steve: What did you say?

Rumlow: He remembered you. I was there, he got all weepy about it. Until they put his head back in a blender. He wanted you to know something. He said to me. "Please tell Rogers. When you've gotta go... you gotta go."

Crossbones then activates a bomb strapped to his chest, but Wanda managed to save me by creating a shield around Rumlow to contain the blast.

She threw him up, but the building nearby got caught in the explosion.

We heard screaming and saw people running.

Wanda falls to her knees as she just accidentally killed innocent people.

I get on the comms.

Y/N: Isaac, Sam. We need fire and rescue on the south side of the building.

I turn to see Yelena and Natasha show up on the scene.

Yelana and Natasha stay with Wanda to comfort her, while Steve and I head inside the building to get the people out.

After fire and rescue showed up on the scene we decide to head back to the compound.

On the flight back I felt the same guilt that I felt the day I let my grandpa died.