Chapter 72: Spider-Man Miles Morales

(New York, January, 2016. Earth-8)

Y/N's P.O.V

So when I come out of the other end of the portal this time I find myself in a normal version of New York, or at least it's normal so far.

I web zip over to the closest wall and stick to it.

Y/N: Mmm, this looks like my New York. Am I finally back home? Nice!

I web swing away and start going through the city.

As I do I land on a rooftop and see Green Goblin attacking another Spider-Man.

Y/N: Okay, so maybe I'm not home yet.

As I swing over the Spider-Man sees me and gets distracted by me.

He then gets knocked out by Goblin.

But before Goblin could steal his DNA he gets attacked by the Green Goblin of this earth.

The two fight and end up getting blasted far away.

I look over and see the other Spider-Man is hurt badly.

Y/N: I'll catch up to Goblin later. Now, I better get this world's Spidey somewhere safe.

I go over to him and pick him up, then I web zip away.

(Twenty minutes later)

I stand infront of the other Spider-Man as he starts to come to.

Y/N: Hey man, you okay?

Spider-Man: Wow, I must have hit my head pretty hard. Because you look like Y/N L/N.

I tilt my head.

Y/N: You know who I am? Oh, wait of course you do.

I take off my mask.

Y/N: You're a Y/N L/N too. Don't freak out, but I'm you.

He immediately freaks out and tries to figure out what's going on.

Spider-Man: So, you're not dead?

My eyes widen.

Y/N: I'm not what now?

Spider-Man: Okay, don't freak out.

He pulls off his mask and it turns out to be a kid who must be about fifteen to sixteen years old.

(A/N: So in this story Miles Morales for Spider-Man ps4 is well the Miles Morales of this earth

(A/N: So in this story Miles Morales for Spider-Man ps4 is well the Miles Morales of this earth.)

Y/N: Huh?

Spider-Man: My name's Miles Morales and I'm Spider-Man. We're not ghosts, right? Because if I'm dead, my mum and dad are gonna kill me.

Y/N: You're Spider-Man? But you're so young? (Softly) Then again, I was too at the start.

He seems to not hear me say that part.

Miles: What are you gonna do, card me? I'm fifteen, almost sixteen in three months that is.

Y/N: I was fifteen when I started out too. I gotta say, I didn't expect such a young Spider-Man.

After that I tell Miles about Goblin and why my Goblin is here, he seemed to pick it up quickly.

Then I ask him why he thought we were ghosts, he decided to show me.

(Ten minutes later)

Miles and I are now in a ceremony. It turns out he's now Spider-Man because on this earth I died and he took over, similar to how it was on Mia's earth.

Y/N: I'm dead. Y/N L/N is dead. Whoa.

Miles: Yeah.

Y/N: No, you don't understand. I mean... whoa.

Miles: Yeah.

I sigh as it feels weird to know that once again I died on another earth.

Miles: Y/N L/N saved the world. I was there. He sacrificed himself and saved us all. It all happened two years ago. I had just gotten my power two weeks before it happened. When he found out about my powers he offered to show me the ropes, but he never got the chance. Maybe I coulda saved him, but I was scared. I didn't do a thing and I'll regret that for the rest of my life.

Y/N: Hey, come on. You can't think like that. Back then you were like thirteen.

Miles: So, that doesn't matter.

Y/N: If you had jumped in back then, maybe you wouldn't be here either.

He looks away from me.

Miles: When I got the powers of Spider-Man, along came this great sense of responsibility. But I don't know if I can do it. What if I just don't have it in me. To be a hero, a hero like you.

I step forward.

Y/N: Miles, there's nothing wrong with being scared. Fear is okay, I feel fear all the time. The trick to it is...

Before I could finish my spider sense goes off.

Miles and I back off and his Green Goblin lands down inbetween us.

(Five minutes later)

Miles and I have been fighting his Goblin for five minutes now and we're taking a beating.

And to make things worse my Goblin got Miles' DNA and has escaped through the portal again.

Goblin throws me against the tree and goes in for the kill.

I look over to Miles.

Y/N: Miles, go. Run.

As my eyes start to close I see Miles jump on Goblin's back and zaps him with the venom blast.

He then lands down next to me.

Y/N: You can do the venom blast too?

Miles: Yeah, it's cool, right?

I nod as I stand up.

Miles and I start to work together and hit Goblin with our venom blasts and web zip around him to knock him off balance.

We both then come in and kick Goblin in the face and knock him down.

We land down on either side of him.

Y/N: Okay Spidey, do what I do.

I start to web Goblin down with impact webbing and Miles copies this.

Miles: Yes! We did it!

Y/N: Yeah, yeah we did.

Once that's done Miles and I head over to the portal, which is actually on the ground for a change.

Miles looks at me.

Miles: I'm gonna miss... it's been good meeting you Y/N.

I look at him and put my hand on his shoulder.

Y/N: Look, you may have not been able to save the other Y/N L/N. But today, you saved me. This isn't gonna make alot of sense, but it's okay to be afraid as long as you...

Miles: As long as I don't let fear get in the way of doing what's right. It makes total sense.

Miles and I shake hands.

Miles: Go. And don't worry. I'll try to be the best Y/N L/N Spider-Man I can be.

I smile.

Y/N: You don't have to be Y/N L/N to Spider-Man. Miles Morales is just fine.

After that I web zip and go through the portal after Goblin.