Chapter 18: Teaming-Up

Y/N's P.O.V

So I'm swinging down the street to Tombstone's base of operations and below me I can see Hammerhead's men causing small pockets of chaos around the area.

Once I'm there I smash through the window and land in a spider-like position on the floor infront of Tombstone's office.

Tombstone spins in his chair to face me.

Tombstone: I must say Mr. L/N, you certainly know how to make an entrance.

I stand up.

Y/N: So, Hammerhead told you?

Tombstone: Of course he did. He works for me.

I chuckle.

Y/N: Wow. Here's me thinking you were smart enough to figure it out on your own.

He stands up and walks around to the front of his desk.

Tombstone: What are you talking about boy?

I take off my mask.

Y/N: Hammerhead has been playing you the whole time. A couple of days back he came to me and offered to make me a deal. I help him take you out so he can take your place as the new Bigman of Crime.

Tombstone: No, Hammerhead isn't smart enough to make a plan like that without me catching on.

???: Oh, I wouldn't be to sure about that one boss.

I turn and see Hammerhead standing behind me.

Hammerhead: The kid's right.

Tombstone: Hammerhead, how could you?

Hammerhead: Let's just say I'm sick of being your number two. And since the kid here didn't accept my offer, I guess I'll have to kill both of you.

I put my mask back on.

Y/N: Or how about I kick both your asses and you both go to prison? Yeah, I like that plan.

I shoot my webs at the walls on both sides of Hammerhead and shoot myself towards him.

He catches my feet and throws me into the wall, then across the ground.

After a moment I sit back up and see Tombstone and Hammerhead fighting one on one.

I then see Hammerhead get Lincoln in an arm lock.

I stand up and feel this electrical energy flow through my body. I run at Hammerhead and jump into the air and hit him with a punch powered by yellow electricity.

This sends Hammerhead flying into the wall, I look down at my hands as they spark yellow.

Y/N: Woah, what the hell?

Before I can figure out what just happened I look up to see Hammerhead charging at me with his head.

Y/N: Oh shit!

I jump over him and as I come back down behind him I kick him in the back and into Tombstone's desk.

Hammerhead comes back at me and grabs me by the throat. He slams me into the floor a couple of time, then throws me against the wall.

Hammerhead: I'm sick and tired of you bug. Time to get rid of ya once and for all.

Before he could land the final blow he gets kicked in the head and sent to the ground.

I look up and see Lincoln standing there offering me a hand up.

I take his hand and stand to my feet.

Y/N: You just saved me?

Tombstone: You saved me first. So, now we're even. The only way we take down Hammerhead is if we do it together.

Y/N: Okay, so does he have a weakness that we can exploit?

Tombstone: Yes, the titanium alloy in his head is sensitive to heat. If we can heat his head up we can weaken him enough to stop him.

Y/N: Well, I just gave my web shooters an upgrade so I can shoot electric webbing. If I shoot it at his head it could cause the titanium to heat up and weaken him.

(A/N: So I have no idea if this could actually work, just go with it.)

Tombstone: Okay, I'll get him in position so you can hit him.

Y/N: Got it.

Hammerhead gets back up and Lincoln charges at him and the two fight one on one again.

I jump into the corner of the ceiling and get ready for the right time.

I then see Lincoln get Hammerhead in a head lock.

Lincoln: Now kid!

I shoot my tazzer webs at Hammerhead and they hit his head.

After a couple of minutes Hammerhead starts to fall to his knees as the tazzer webs have weaken him.

Lincoln takes this opportunity to knock Hammerhead out and restrain him.

Y/N: Yes! We did it!

I jump back down as a squad of S.H.I.E.L.D agents along with Yelena bust in.

Yelena comes over to me.

Yelena: Spider-Man, are you okay?

Y/N: I'm fine.

She nods then goes to arrest Lincoln.

Y/N: No Yelena wait. Just let me handle Lincoln. You and your men should secure Hammerhead.

She looks at me for a moment then nods.

Yelena: Okay, I trust you.

She then walks off leaving Lincoln and I alone.

Y/N: Look, I just wanna say thanks for saving me.

Lincoln: You saved me first. I'm sorry for whatever Hammerhead may have done to you or your loved ones to get your help in taking me down.

Y/N: Thank you.

Yelena: Spider-Man! Hammerhead's awake!

Lincoln and I go over to Hammerhead, who is now retrained with cuffs he can't break out of.

Y/N: Alright Hammerhead, where's the NuForm you stole?

Lincoln: NuForm?

Y/N: Oh yeah, your boy Hammerhead had a contingency plan to blow up the city using a NuForm bomb if he couldn't become the new Bigman. Isn't that right Hammerhead?

He starts chuckling.

Hammerhead: Yeah, that's right. Because if I can't have this city, then no-one can.

We then see that he has a device in his hand and he presses a button.

We feel the ground start to shake.

Yelena: He activated the bomb.

Hammerhead: That's right, good luck saving this city! Good luck Spider-Man...!

I then punch Hammerhead in the face knocking him out cold.

Y/N: Yelena, you and your team deal with these guys and get clear. I'll find the other's, then I'll find the bomb and deal with it.

Yelena: Deal with it? Deal with it how?

Y/N: I don't know yet, I'll figure it out, okay?

Yelena: Alright, just be careful okay?

I nod.

Y/N: You too.

I go over to the window and web swing out of there.

(A/N: So I hope you all like this chapter, I know it's probably not the best. But I sill hope you like it.)