Chapter 9: The Vulture

(Two weeks later)

Y/N's P.O.V

So I've been Spider-Man for two weeks now and it's been pretty good so far. I've been stopping crime left, right and centre.

The police aren't loving the idea of me doing their job for them, but some of the cops I've met are appreciating my help. So at this point I'll take what I can get.

This superhero gig has been great overall, I just wish I could deal with something a little more challenging.

But anyway enough of that. I'm currently chase a car with criminals that just robbed a store.

Criminal: And best of all we don't have to deal with that Spider-Man guy.

After hearing this I land on the hood of the car.

Y/N: Hello. Say my name and magically appear.

One of the criminals pulls out his gun and starts shooting at me but I dodge the bullets, and jump over the car.

I then spin in mid-air and shoot out two webs from my web shooters and they attach the the back of the car.

When I land on the ground I manage to use my super strength to bring the car to the stop. I then jump and land infront of the car and web it up.

Y/N: Well, that was fun. You boys sit tight until the police show up.

I then hear sirens and turn to see a cop on a motorbike.

Y/N: Yes! The boys in blue are here!

He stops and pulls his gun on me.

Cop: Stop! You in the tights don't move!

I put my hands up, this cop obviously doesn't like me.

Y/N: Are you seriously?

Cop: Who are you?

I look to the criminals in the car.

Y/N: People can't seem to grasp the concept of the mask.

Cop: Freeze!

He fires shots at me, but I dodge the bullets and jump over the cop and take his gun in the process.

Y/N: Really man? That was just plain rude.

I then see more police show up.

Y/N: Well, that's my que to leave.

I jump into the air and swing away.

(Two hours later)

So after a bit more crime fighting, including stopping a bank robbery I head home to get some rest.

As I walk up to my house I hear a voice.

???: Hey Y/N.

I turn to see Ben Reilly coming over to me.

Ben is a 12 year old kid who lives across the street from me. He's sorta like my little brother, at least the closest I've ever had to one.

Y/N: Hey Ben, what's going on?

Ben: Not much. Hey, did you see Spider-Man on the news the other day?

I nod.

Y/N: Yeah, I heard he stopped a few criminals.

Ben: He's done more than that. He's saving lives, he's a hero Y/N.

I smile.

Y/N: Yeah, so I've heard.

After a bit more talking with Ben I head inside and get some rest.

(The next day)

So I'm now swinging around the city just making sure no-one is causing any trouble before I go to school that is.

My spider sense then goes off and I hear a man screaming.

I swing around the next corner and see a man in some sort of flight suit carrying around Norman Osborn, the head of Oscorp.

As I get closer I see the guy drop Osborn.

I drop down and catch him, then I shoot out a web and carry on swinging.

Y/N: Whoa! You guys play hot potato hard-core!

???: What is this?

I see the guy in the flight suit chasing after us.

???: These skies are mine!

Y/N: You may be right. I usually just rent.

Norman: What are you babbling about? Put me down!

Y/N: Dude, you are the most bossy damsel in distress I've ever rescued. You're also the ugliest, the heaviest and the first.

Norman & ???: Who are you?

Y/N: Well, I'm your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man of course.

The older guy seems shocked by this.

???: Spider-Man? I thought you were a myth.

Y/N: Man, I need to get a new press agent.

As I'm swinging away the old guy cuts my web with one of his wings.

I manage to catch Osborn and hand him off to the police at the nearest precinct.

I then start chasing after Beaky.

Y/N: Look Beaky, I admire anyone who dresses up as their favourite animal. But still you can fly, so I gotta ask. Have you ever heard of great power coming with great responsibility?

This seems to piss him off so he flies past me and leaves.

I flip in the air and stick to the side of a building.

Y/N: Aww Beaky! Don't fly away mad!

???: The name is Vulture!!!

Y/N: I guess I found the more challenging fight I was looking for. Though my first incounter with a supervillian actually went pretty well. I'll take it.

I jump off the building and swing away.

(One hour later)

I'm now at school with with Justin and we're talking about what happened with Vulture.

Justin: So, this guy had a flight suit?

Y/N: Yeah, it was pretty cool actually.

Justin: Wait, but what does this Vulture want with Norman Osborn?

I shrug.

Y/N: I have no idea, but that's what I need to find out. Because he's gonna attack Osborn again and I need to be ready for him.

Justin: Well don't worry, we'll figure it out.

I pat his shoulder.

Y/N: Yeah, I know.

Justin and I then head to class, but after school is over I'm suiting up and taking the Vulture down.

And this time I'm gonna be ready for him.