Chapter 20: The Avengers Initiative

(One week later)

Y/N's P.O.V

It's been a week since my friends and I defeated Hammerhead and stopped the NuForm bomb.

The city is pretty much back to normal. Well as normal as it can be given that it has a kid swinging around the city in spandex.

Now that Tombstone is in prison, but uncle Nick had him moved to a S.H.I.E.L.D prison.

I'm now at this prison visiting Tombstone there.

I sit on the phone and talk to him with glass between us.

Y/N: You know, I've never visited someone in prison before.

He chuckles.

Lincoln: I've never had anyone visit me in prison before.

I smile.

Y/N: So, this is new for both of us, huh?

He smirks.

Lincoln: I guess. So, why'd you come to see me kid?

Y/N: There's something I wanted to talk to you about.

Lincoln: What's that?

Y/N: While you've been in here I heard that some prisoners have been asking you what Spider-Man's real name is, and you haven't said anything. Why is that? I'm just curious.

Lincoln: Well, you saved my life and you saved the whole city, giving your life in the process. So keeping your identity a secret is my way of repaying you for that.

Y/N: Thank you.

I then smirk.

Y/N: Who knows, maybe one day you'll be able to use what you can do for good and protect people.

He chuckles.

Lincoln: I doubt that kid. Not everyone is able to be like you, especially someone like me.

Y/N: I don't know about that. You saved me that day too. I think you'd actually make a good hero if you put your mind to it. I mean I have enhanced abilities and you kicked my ass within ten seconds.

Lincoln: So, you think if I ever get out of here I should become a hero and cover up this pretty face with a mask?

He and I chuckle.

Y/N: If that's what you wanna do. It's just something for you to think about is all.

Lincoln: Thanks kid. It's nice to have someone that believes that I can change.

Y/N: It's all good. Well, I gotta go. You stay safe in here big guy.

Lincoln: See ya kid.

Lincoln puts the phone on the side and two guards come over and take him away.

I put my phone on the side and stand up. I then leave and go to see uncle Nick standing there.

Nick Fury: So, do you really think that leopard can change his spots?

I shrug.

Y/N: Well, if there's one thing I did learn from my dad before his death is that anyone is capable of changing. They just need someone who's willing to help them.

Uncle Nick smiles and wraps his arm around my shoulder as we walk and leave.

Nick Fury: You're so much like your father Y/N. Now, there's something I need to talk to you about.

I look at him confused.

Y/N: What's that?

Nick Fury: Come with me and we'll talk in private.

We leave the prison and get into uncle Nick's black SUV.

(Twenty minutes later)

I'm now sat at a table in a S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters in Queens. I'm waiting for uncle Nick.

While I sit there I look around and see a file on the other side of the table.

I grab it and so I can look at it properly.

On the front of the file it has the words "Avengers Initiative" on it in big black letters.

Before I can open it a hand comes down takes the file from me.

Nick Fury: I don't think I want you looking at that son. At least not yet.

He sits down and shows me another file.

Nick Fury: This on the other hand is Agent Belova's assessment of you.

I take the file and open it.

Y/N: Okay.

I read through the file.

Y/N: Ah, here we go. "Recruitment assessment for Avengers Initiative. Spider-Man yes." I'll have to think about it. So, are you gonna tell me what this Avengers Initiative is?

He sighs.

Nick Fury: It essentially boils down to this. There was an idea to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could fight the battles that we never could.

Y/N: And you think I'm one of those people?

Nick Fury: Yes, yes we do. Your father would too.

Y/N: Wait, did my father help you create the Avengers Initiative?

Uncle Nick nods.

Nick Fury: Yeah, he did. We created it after meeting an enhanced hero who was once an air force pilot, she went by the codename Avenger.

Y/N: It's actually pretty badass name.

He chuckles.

Nick Fury: Yeah, it is. In fact the day we finalised the initiative your mother called your father telling him she was pregnant with you.

I smile.

Y/N: Wow, fifteen years in the making, huh? I bet when my dad helped you create this he would have never thought his future son would be apart of the team.

Nick Fury: Not in a million years kid, so what do you say? Are you in?

I nod.

Y/N: Yeah, I'm in. On one condition.

Uncle Nick chuckles.

Y/N: I'll be more of a freelancer, I can't stop being a friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man.

He nods, we then shake hands.

Nick Fury: Okay, deal.

We both stand.

Y/N: Okay, good. Well, I better go now.

Nick Fury: Yeah, you go ahead. I'll have Agent Coulson give you a ride back home.

Y/N: Okay, thanks uncle Nick.

He smiles.

Nick Fury: No problem, it's what us godfather's do.

I nod and leave with Agent Coulson.