Chapter 102: Queens 2002

(Queens, New York. 2002)

Y/N's P.O.V

As I exit into the quantum realm I land in my childhood bedroom, I just hope I don't run into my six year old self.

Though if I remember this day correctly I shouldn't be home right now, I think I'm out with my mum right now.

I deactivate my time travel suit and take off my mask, then I look around the room.

Y/N: Whoa. I can't believe I'm here right now.

After that I walk out of my old bedroom and hear footsteps and hear my dad's voice.

Y/N: (Whispers) Oh shit.

I quickly jump up onto the ceiling as dad walks under me. I see him talking on the phone.

Rick: Don't worry Nick. The Tesseract is safe here.

He goes into his and mum's room for a minute or so, then he comes back out and goes back downstairs.

I gently drop down.

Y/N: (Whispers) That was close.

I then put my mask back on and sneak downstairs.

Once I'm downstairs I see the Tesseract sitting in a case on the kitchen counter.

As I go over to take the Tesseract I hear a gun click.

Rick: Who are you? And what are you doing here?

I turn around to see my dad pointing a gun at me.

Rick: I'll ask you again, who are you?

I sigh.

Y/N: You wouldn't believe if I told you.

Rick: Oh yeah? Try me man.

Y/N: Okay, okay. Just don't freak out.

I slowly take off my mask so he can see my face.

Y/N: My name is Y/N L/N and I'm your son from the future. Nineteen years in the future to be exact.

He looks at me closely then he lowers his gun.

Rick: Y/N?

Y/N: Yeah, it's me dad.

He smiles and pulls me into a hug.

Rick: Oh my god. I can't believe it.

I chuckle.

After that dad and I sit at the kitchen counter and he asks me why I'm here.

So I tell him about what happened. From me getting bitten by the spider, becoming an Avenger, retiring and what happened with Thanos.

He seems to be taking it well and isn't too confused by what I've told him.

Rick: Wow, that's some crazy stuff son.

Y/N: I know right?

Rick: I can't believe Nick made you an Avenger.

I chuckle.

Y/N: Yeah, I did say to him that you never would have thought that your son would be apart of the Avengers.

Rick: Well, that's true. But I'm proud.

I smile.

Y/N: Thanks dad.

He sighs.

Rick: So, this Thanos snapped away half the universe using an infinite stone that's inside the Tesseract?

Y/N: Yeah, the Space Stone. That's why I'm here. The other Avengers and I have travelled by in time to different years to get all the infinite stones so we can bring everyone back.

Rick: Did your mother... did she...?

Y/N: No, no. She's okay. But I did lose people I care about. Alot of people did.

Rick: I bet.

He then smiles.

Rick: So, I have to ask. Are you happy in the future? I mean aside the snap thing.

I smile.

Y/N: Yeah, I am. I'm actually engaged.

He smiles.

Rick: That's great, congratulations. What's her name?

Y/N: Yelena. She used to work for S.H.I.E.L.D and is an Avenger too. We met after getting my powers.

Rick: That's amazing.

Y/N: Yeah, mum actually gave me the ring that you gave her, so I could give it to Yelena.

He chuckles.

Rick: I thought she might of.

After that he sighs and closes the case. He then hands me the Tesseract in the case.

Rick: You take it. Go back to 2021 and save people. Be the hero I believe you can be.

We both stand up.

Rick: And you've clearly become that.

I smile.

Y/N: Yeah. I was always told that you believed I was destined to do great things.

Rick: Well, it turns out I was right.

Y/N: Yeah, you were.

After that dad and I go outside into the backyard. We then see Steve and Tony show up in their suits.

Their helmets deactivate.

Tony: Hey kid. You got the Tesseract?

Y/N: Yep. You two get the Pym particles?

Steve: We did. Come on, it's time to go.

I look to dad.

Y/N: I wish you could come with me dad.

Rick: This is where I need to be Y/N. But don't worry, I'm always gonna be with you son.

He and I then hug.

Y/N: I love you dad.

Rick: I love you too Y/N.

We pull away and I go over to join Steve and Tony.

I put my mask on then activate my time travel suit.

Y/N: Bye dad.

Rick: Bye son.

Steve, Tony and I then go down into the quantum realm and head back to 2021.