Chapter 47: Yelena's Visit

(Five days later)

Y/N's P.O.V

It's been five days since Justin and I teamed up to take down Venom and Sandman. The streets have been pretty quiet for the past few days.

I guess crooks aren't too keen to rob anyone now that there are two Spider heroes around.

Right now I'm sat at my desk at home holding a thumb drive in my hand.

Two days ago Fury came by to visit and he gave me this thumb drive, it has a recording of my dad. He made this video the day before he died.

As I'm sitting there I hear a knock at my bedroom door.

Y/N: Who is it?

Yelena: It's Yelena. Can I come in?

Y/N: Yeah, of course.

I stand up as the door opens and Yelena walks in.

Y/N: Hey you, what's going on?

Yelena: Well, your mum let me in as she was heading out. I just wanted to check in, I heard that Fury visited a couple of days back.

Y/N: Yeah, he did. He gave me this.

I show her the thumb drive.

She takes it from me and examines it.

Yelena: What's on it?

Y/N: Apparently there's a message from my dad on it. He made the message for me the day before he died.

She looks at me shocked.

Yelena: Have you watched it yet?

I shake my head.

Y/N: No, I've tried. But everytime I get close to doing it I wuss out at the last minute. I haven't heard his voice in so long and I'm kinda scared.

Yelena: I know it's none of my business, but can I say something?

Y/N: Sure.

Yelena: Well, if I got a video message from one of my birth parents. I'd watch it in a heart beat.

Y/N: Yeah. I guess. I just can't bring myself to do it.

She holds my hand.

Yelena: Would it help if I watched it with you?

I nod.

Y/N: Yeah.

Yelena and I sit down together and I put the thumb drive into my computer.

The file for the video immediately popped up.

I go to click on it.

Yelena: You ready for this?

I hold her hand and interlock our fingers.

Y/N: I am now.

I click on the file and the video start to play. I smile as I see my dad's face.

(A/N: Just in case anyone forgot who Y/N's father was

(A/N: Just in case anyone forgot who Y/N's father was.)

Rick: Hey Y/N. It's me, your dad. I've got an important mission tomorrow so I thought I should make a video message for you, just in case.

I sigh as it's been so long since I've heard my dad's voice. I couldn't believe how long it's been.

Rick: So there's alot I need to say and honestly I'm not sure where to begin. Y/N, you're just a little boy right now and there's so much I want to show you and teach you. You have so much potential, I know you'll go on to do great things one day. You'll help people and make the world a better place.

I chuckle as he was right about the helping people part, and making the world a better place part.

Rick: You'll do better than I ever had. You have the potential to be better than me in every way, right now you're too young to understand any of what I'm saying but you will. In terms of science I'm limited by the technology of my time. But one day you'll figure it out and you'll change the world. What is and always will be my greatest creation... is you. I love you little buddy. Take care of your mother. Goodbye son, I hope that somehow, someway we'll see each other again.

The video then ends.

I feel the tears streaming down my face.

Y/N: (Whispers) I love you too dad.

I then look at Yelena.

Yelena: Hey, you okay?

I just shake my head and hug her tight.

She hugs me back and runs her hand up and down my back.

Yelena: (Whispers) Hey, it's okay. It's okay.

We just sit there and Yelena comforts me as I cry.

(Two hours later)

So I've just walked outside the front door seeing Yelena out of the house.

She and I come face to face.

Yelena: Hey so, you're okay right?

Y/N: Yeah, I'm okay now. I just want to say thank you. I really needed someone to watch that video with me. It was good for me to finally hear my dad's last words. 

Yelena: Of course. I mean you did save my life, so it's the least I could do.

I chuckle.

Y/N: Yeah, that's true.

Yelena: Thanks for that again.

Y/N: No problem.

Yelena: Okay, well I better get going now.

She walks down the steps to leave, she then stops and turns and comes back to me.

When she gets close to me Yelena grabs my face with both her hands and pulls me into a kiss.

I immediately start kissing back, I put my hands on her waist and pull her closer.

It felt amazing to kiss Yelena, she's a great kisser.

After another minute or so she pulls away and I see she has red cheeks.

Yelena: I better... I better go now. Bye Y/N.

She then rushes off and leaves.

Y/N: I uh... wow.

I then go back into the house so I can contemplate that kiss.