Chapter 50 - The Surprise

Ariana was waiting for me downstairs as I changed.

My blue UCLA hoodie was replaced by a dark blue vest and a dark blue blouse and my white and black polka dot pyjama bottoms were replaced by a black maxi skirt. Ariana told me something about our hair so told me not to wear my headscarf because I'd have to keep it off in order to have whatever we're doing with our hair. I guess I should have listened to her when she was filling me in on what she had planned but then again I did just wake up so everything went through one ear and out of the other. As I brushed through my hair I decided to put it up in a bun and that took me like five attempts to get it to look right.

"How long did it take you to get it like that?" Ahmed pointed at my hair.
"Five attempts," I grinned, normally it takes me many more attempts to get it how I want it.
"Well it looks on point," He winked.
I blew him a kiss, "Thanks."
"Ready?" Ariana asked to which I nodded in response, "Let's go girly," She picked up her bag and placed the strap across her shoulder before kissing Saeed goodbye.
Ahmed coughed 'get a room' as he walked out of the room and then his laughter could be heard from behind the door.

****

Ariana and I arrived at her favourite salon. The plan was to have 'hair therapy' and then have our hair styled before having our makeup done and this would all take around 3-4 hours.... I can't sit in a chair for that long. When I asked her what it was all for she replied with, 'Can't I treat my boyfriend's sister?' and informed me that her and I were going on another spa date in two weeks.

We were guided to salon chairs and ended up next to each other. The hairdresser pulled my bun apart and it made me frown a little bit because it won't take me five attempts to get it like that again.... It'll take me longer. She spread my hair apart and brushed through it before pulling it all back behind my head.
Turning my head to the right, I saw the same being done to Ariana.
A gown came in front of me and made its way to the back of my neck where it was fastened by the velcro; ensuring it covered the front of my body and most of the back.

"This is Lauren and this is Emily, girls this is my boyfriend's sister, Hannah," Ariana introduced me to the two girls who were going to be working with us for the next few hours.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you both," I gave both of the girls a shy smile and they returned the smile.

"You're going to love this Hannah," Ariana smiled into the mirror which was easier as she wouldn't have to turn her head.
As I began to say something, there was a cold yet smooth substance poured onto the front part of my head and seconds later I could feel Emily's fingertips spreading the substance around and digging her fingers in gently.

"Omg," I gasped and this caused Ariana to giggle.
"Told you you'd love it," I heard her say.
"I do love it, thanks Ari," I smiled into the mirror not knowing whether she could see it or not.
"No need to thank me Hannah, I'm allowed to treat you," she said in loving voice.

Everything went silent again as I enjoyed the beginning of the head massage.

"How's school going?" Ariana's voice spoke softly.
Keeping my eyes closed, I replied with "I just want it to end already."
"Aww Han," She laughed, "It's a struggle but you're exams are over next month, have you been revising?"
"It is the biggest struggle I am facing right now," I groaned, "yeah, I've been revising since January, it's really hard because there's a lot more information to remember this year but I don't care if I fail now, I'm just so sick of it," I whined.
"You'll pass with flying colours Han," Her voice genuine.
"I hope so, thanks Ari," My voice sounding relieved and thankful for her support.
"So, Saeed and I have been talking.....and he wants me to move in with you guys," Her voice came out fragile, like she was scared that I was going to be angry with her.
"Really?" My face lit up, "That would be so cool! I can't wait!"
A sigh of relief washed over her face, "So you're okay with it?"
"Why wouldn't I be?! You've been dating my brother for three years and you make him the happiest man alive, I couldn't ask for more than that and we all get along, it's going to be fun!" I clapped my hands together.
"Thank you Hannah," She outstretched her left arm and found my right hand.
"You don't need to thank me Ari," I smiled in her direction, "So when is all this going to take place?"
"Maybe next month or the month after, I still need to tell my parents and then pack everything up and move in and unpack everything," Her face was beaming.
"Well if you need help packing just give me a shout."
"I will," Yup, her face was still beaming.