Chapter 6

There was knocking coming from somewhere in the house. I groaned before reaching for my phone and checking the time - '11:30am'. The knocking continued so I got out of bed and ran down the stairs.
I pulled the front door open to reveal Adnan, James and Paddy.
"Hani!" Paddy yelled.
"Paddy shut the fuck up its too early and never ever call me that again," i gritted through my teeth as I glared at him.
I moved aside to let the boys in "well don't just stand in the cold idiots," I laughed as they shuffled into the warmth.
"Why are you guys here so early?"
Paddy checked the time on his phone "it's 11:40," staring at him with a 'so?' look, he spoke again. "It's not early."
"I just woke up, it is early."
"Lazy," he whispered.
I smirked at him "I heard that."
He just laughed.
"So can I help you with something?" I laughed.
"We're just here to keep you company since you're home alone," James spoke.
"Well how about you go back to wherever you were before here?" I gave them a playful smile.
"Now that is not nice Hannah," Adnan shook his head.
"Shutup Adnandos," I pointed, "I need to sleep," I whined.
"What time did you sleep last night?" James asked.
I stared at him blankly for a few seconds, trying to remember, " uh... Half 2 I think."
"And you're still tired?" He asked baffled.
"Yes," I whined.
The boys made themselves comfortable whilst I was falling asleep next to Adnan.
"You know for a girl, your morning hair isn't that bad," James laughed.
"Is that a good thing?" I let out a sleepy laugh.
"I guess so?" James dragged it as a question.
"I'm going to turn the heating on, do you lot want anything from the kitchen?" I stood up.
"No thank you," they said together "and Hannah the heating is already on." Adnan said as he moved his hand from the heater that was besides the sofa.
"It's so cold," I stated before grabbing two blankets from beside James and retaking my place next to Adnan who touched my forehead with the palm of his hand "you're burning up Han."
I mumbled something to him and before I knew it I was fast asleep.

What seemed like minutes later, someone was lightly shaking my shoulder and I could make out someone calling me as I heard faint 'Hannah's'.
My eyes flew open and I quickly wrapped my arms around my brother.
"I want to go home," I whispered to him, tears forming in my eyes.
"Hey, Shh," Ahmed soothed "we are home, it's okay."
"No it's not," I cried out "I can't live like this Ahmed! It's eating away at me day by day," the tears were flowing down my cheeks as my brother gently swayed back and forth.
"Hannah, it's not your fault," he whispered. I could hear sadness in his voice, where there tears in his eyes?
I looked up and saw the water forming in his eyes.
"I need to go home," I sobbed.
"You are home Hannah," Saeed's voice appeared as he sat down in the space next to Ahmed.
"I.. I don't feel safe here, everywhere I go... I just can't," I cried into Ahmed's shoulder.
"You are safe, okay? Hannah, you're safer than before," Saeed rubbed my back.
"THEN WHY CAN I FEEL HIM ALMOST EVERYWHERE I AM?! SOMEONE TOUCHES ME & I AUTOMATICALLY FLINCH! THEY THINK I HAVE SOMETHING AGAINST THEM BY DOING THAT! I DON'T LIVE IN A SHADOW ANYMORE BUT MY MIND WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE! SO PLEASE TELL ME HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET RID OF WHATS UP THERE?!" I yelled. I was so frustrated with myself.
"Hannah, we can get you back into counselling, it won't take long. I mean it helped last time didn't it?" Ahmed spoke.
"And flinching is normal, it's okay to flinch," Saeed added in after him.
"The only people I feel safe with is everyone sat in this room and I feel extremely safe when I'm with Adnan," I sighed.
"Then we'll do our best to keep you with us."

There was silence for a while before I whispered.
"Is this ever going to disappear?" I whispered it more to myself than to my brothers.
"I promise you it will, it's just going to take time because it was recently," Ahmed kissed my forehead before drying away my tears.
"I'm going to bed," I sighed.
"Uh no you're not, you've been asleep for too long, I'm getting you paracetamol and you're staying down here with us okay?" I just nodded, I wasn't up for a debate.
I sat back in my spot and could feel Adnan's eyes on me. I looked up to find the three United boys looking at me shocked.
"Sorry," I whispered before putting my head down.
"There's no need to be," James said.
"Come here," Adnan said as he put his right arm around me and pulled me into his side.
I took the paracetamol that Saeed handed me and gulped it down with the water that Ahmed handed to me.
"Can I kill him now?" Ahmed groaned in frustration.
"No, I'm not watching them put my brother behind bars because of a jealous idiot!" I protested.
"Fine, only because you say so," he held his hands up.

I rest my head on Adnan's chest as we watched my brothers, James and Paddy play FIFA, it was a good night because these boys knew how to make me happy.
And I felt safer than ever in Adnan's arms.

"I've got you," he whispered into my ear so only I could hear before he placed a kiss on my forehead.

I think I just fainted on the inside. ADNAN FREAKING JANUZAJ JUST KISSED ME ON THE FOREHEAD!

Hope you enjoy :) leave comments