Chapter 14

~New years day~

I woke up to see a text from Adnan saying that they reached the hotel.
'Me: good luck😘'

I went downstairs to find Saeed and Ahmed in the doorway.

"Saeed!" I ran and hugged my brother.
"Hey," he hugged me back tightly, dropping the suitcase that his left hand held.
"Where are you going?" I pulled away.
"I'm leaving for a bit but I'll be back soon," sadness crossed his face.
"Why? What happened?"
"They want me to get married to that girl we met when we were there, I said no and a massive argument erupted.... They said they'll be coming here to pack my things and take me down because I don't have a say in it apparently," I could hear nothing but pain in his voice.
"So that doesn't mean you have to leave!" I protested.
"I know but I need to get away and clear my head for a bit."
"So where are you going?"
"Spain," his voice quiet.
I looked to Ahmed but he looked angry.
"When will you be back?" I asked quietly.
"About two weeks, I've left you my 2nd emergency card so use it for whatever you need okay, I'm sorry but I have to do this," he said looking at Ahmed as he hugged me.
"Guess we won't wait for you then," Ahmed said, his voice firm but I could feel the anger rising from him.
"I'm sorry Ahmed, I'll be back in two weeks, you just don't know how bad it is this time," he spoke before waving me goodbye and turning to the taxi that was waiting to take him to the airport.

"Ahmed-" I said as we walked back into the house.
He interrupted me "-no Hannah, this is ridiculous, I'm sick of it! He can't just leave like that!" His face started turning red.
"I know," my voice became quiet, I didn't know what to say.
"I'll be down in a bit," he said running up the stairs.

My family is falling apart.

I left Ahmed because he was angry and he needed to cool off so I entered the kitchen and grabbed a packet of sensations: thai sweet chili, two bottles of orange juice and a big tub of vanilla ice cream, our food for the match is sorted.

My phone vibrated, alerting me of a text message.

Adnan.

'Adnan: Thank you <3 I'll see you tonight, I love you :*'

'Me: I love you too :*'

~match time~
Ahmed entered the room with a blood on his knuckles.
"What did you hit?" I asked as I went to get the medical stuff to clean him up.
He sat down and sighed "the mirror."

As I walked back in, the players were walking out of the tunnel.

"Just in time," Ahmed let out a small giggle, trying to lighten the mood.
"Yeah, you better love me," I teased.

I'm glad Ahmed's back to himself even if there is still some anger inside of him.

The match was well under way now and I just finished cleaning Ahmed's hand and put a bandage around it.

GOAL!!!!
Ahmed and I both high fived after we celebrated Falcao's goal for a couple of seconds.

"That's it, they've got one and now they can get another one," Ahmed leaned forward.

In high hopes of another goal before half time, the first half ended 1-1.

"I hope Adnan plays in the second half," I groaned.
"I have a feeling he will."
"He better, otherwise I'm going to have a talk with Van Gaal," he laughed.
"Good luck with that dear sister," he patted me on the back.
I wacked his hand away from my back before sending him a cheesy smile "thanks."

The second half was now well underway but United were still playing quite shit.
Herrera was coming on as a sub for Falcao, 63 minutes into the match, which shocked us both, I was not expecting Falcao to go off. After they moved the camera from Falcao to Herrera, who was getting ready to come onto the pitch, I noticed Adnan standing behind him, also preparing to come onto the pitch. I let out a high pitched squeal and clapped my hands together "MY BABY IS COMING ON!!" I squealed again.
Ahmed laughed at me before saying "told you he was going to play today."
"I'm so happy! I haven't seen him play in ages! Gosh, I don't even feel like his girlfriend right now," I laughed.

I didn't feel like Adnan's girlfriend at this moment in time because it felt like he was just the boy that I wait every match to see on the pitch. I felt exactly how I did before I met Adnan every time I watched a match.

"We need to get season tickets again," Ahmed poked my side.
"Yes we do!!" I said in a hyper tone.
"Calm down," he laughed "you get to see your boyfriend every other day."
"Yeah but I want to see him in action too!" I said in a way that sent out the message 'are you stupid'.
"What if he doesn't play most of the matches?"
"Then I want to see his ass sat in the dugout!"
He laughed "weird girl."
"Leave me alone, I'm in love," I slapped his shoulder before he attempted to bite my hand.

The rest of the second half consisted of Ahmed trying to bite me and me screaming at him because I wanted to focus on Adnan. Looking at Adnan you could tell he'd been ill; he still looks ill. My poor baby.

~After the match~

Adnan: 'Hi Han,' his voice was drained.
Me: 'Hello!,' my voice chirpy 'You sound drained, how are you feeling?'
Adnan: 'I'm feeling good, just very tired. How are you?'
Me: 'My day started off shit but seeing you play completely changed the atmosphere in the house'
Adnan: 'I'm glad, you can tell me all about it when I get back okay?'
Me: 'Okay. So how was it to be back on the pitch?'
Adnan: 'Amazing, I've missed it,' He laughed.

"Is that Hannah?" I heard a voice in the back but I could tell it was Paddy because of his accent. "I want to say hi!' I could hear him and Adnan bickering, Adnan wanted to speak to me but so did Paddy, it was quite funny to be honest.

"HERE!" I heard Adnan give in to him.

Paddy: 'HANNAH!' He yelled into the phone.
Me: 'PADDY!' I yelled back.
Paddy: 'Did you see your boyfriend play?'
Me: 'Obviously,' I laughed.
Paddy: 'How have you been?'
Me: 'fantastic, you?'
Paddy: 'Brill,' he laughed 'I'm going to give the phone back to Adnan now, I'll speak to you later alligator'
I laughed at the way he ended our conversation, Me: Weirdo, bye bye'

Adnan: 'Finally,' he laughed.
Me: 'BABY!' I shouted down the phone causing him to laugh even more 'Have I ever told you how cute your laugh is?'
Adnan: 'I know now,' he chuckled.
Me: 'How long have you got left til you're back?'
Adnan: 'we left fifteen minutes ago so about forty five minutes'
Me: 'Okie dokie'

I could hear shouting in the background.

Adnan: 'Everyone on the coach says hi Hannah,' He yelled, ensuring that everyone heard him say it to me 'They just can't leave me speak to my girlfriend,' He mumbled.
Me: 'Aww Adi,' I laughed 'I'm going to go have a shower, I'll speak to you once I'm out okay?'
Adnan: 'Alright baby'
Me: 'I love you Adi'
Adnan: 'I love you Hannah'

And with that I hung up and headed straight for the shower.