Chapter 21

Morning in my house wasn't quiet at all, Ahmed and Saeed were arguing.
I've had enough of these two arguing. I started walking towards the door when my earphones were yanked out, OW! I forgot to pull them out of my laptop, I laughed at myself before realising what I actually got up for.

When I reached the kitchen I saw Ahmed and Saeed opposite each other with Zara sat between them looking fed up.
"STOP IT!" I yelled as I entered the kitchen. This caught all of their attention. "I'm sick of you two arguing! Saeed's only been back a day and there's been nothing but arguments, give the guy a break Ahmed! And Saeed stop arguing back! Just let Ahmed say what he has to so you can all shut up!" I yelled.
"I'm sorry Hannah," Saeed wrapped his arms around my neck.
"Oh please. You're only being nice to her so she isn't mad at you for last night and so she isn't mad at you for leaving again!" Ahmed threw his hands up. Saeed shot him daggers.
"What?" I asked.
"He's leaving again Han and he wasn't going to tell you, he was going to make me tell you after he was out of the country," Ahmed spat.
"Why? Why are you leaving again?!" I shouted at Saeed, moving out of his hug.
"I'm going on holiday with h Ariana," he answered straight away.
"You just came back from being on holiday," I stated, using my fingers to make speech marks when I said holiday.
"Hannah I need to speak to Ariana, she doesn't know anything."
"It's not my fault she doesn't know! You're her boyfriend, you're supposed to tell her and you haven't been doing a very good job considering you left without telling her where you went or why, she was worried sick and why can't you just tell her here or in her house? Why do you need to leave the country again?" I steamed off.
"Because I want to get away Hannah! I need space and then I'll come back around.
"You were gone nearly a month and you say you need space?" I walked out of the kitchen and headed to the front door, picking up my grey coat on my way out.
I knew I was going to miss the match but I couldn't stay in that house any longer. The weather was nice outside so I walked to the local fields, the local park was near school but I didn't feel like going there, it took me ten minutes to get to the fields.

It was pretty quite when I reached the fields, the only sound that was heard was from the Main Street which was on the left side of the fields. I walked down to the back of the fields which took me a good fifteen minutes. There's this place at the back of the fields which is sort of mine and Ahmed's spot. I haven't been here for a good while, Ahmed and I used to come here all the time when we were little to hide from our parents.
It looks like Ahmed's been here recently as there's a red United scarf across the roof of the den. I'm surprised this den is still up and running to be honest.

'Jasmine👯: Han, speak to me'
'Me: about what?'
'Jasmine👯: Ahmed's told me everything'
'Me: I don't get why these two are constantly arguing. I mean Saeed's only been back yesterday and they've been at it ever since and Saeed's off again. He's leaving us again because he needs 'space', well we need Saeed but he only thinks of himself'
'Jasmine👯: Listen to me Han, they've got their differences right now and Ahmed is very hot headed. They need to sort it out and Saeed.... I don't really know. He can't use he needs space as an excuse when you're parents aren't even on your case anymore'
'Me: I know'
'Jasmine👯: I know you're worried about Tom but don't worry about him seriously. You've got Adnan now and he's 1000x better than him and that stuff in the newspapers is false, I spoke to Adnan earlier to clear everything and Fellaini and Paddy were screaming at the back clarifying that it was all false'
'Me: I know, I spoke to him last night and then he FaceTimed me because he didn't want me going to sleep upset and wanted to see if I was or not but I hung up on because my mind just became clouded by Tom.... Do you even have Adnan's number?😂'
'Jasmine👯: I do now😂 I got it from Ahmed this morning. Hannah I know you can't stop the thoughts running through your head but please occupy yourself with something else because I don't want to see you like that any more. There's no way I can get to your house until tonight but until then please promise me that you'll keep yourself busy?'
'Me: promise, love you Jas😘'
'Jasmine👯: love you Han😘'

I turned my phone on silent and put it in my pocket. I sat looking at the river that ran in front of me and tried clearing my head.

Pulling out my phone the time read 5:30pm and 6 missed calls from Zara and 12 missed calls from Saeed in the past 3 hours.

"Hannah," someone spoke from behind me, making me jump.
I turned around quickly to see who it was.
"Oh Ahmed you scared me!" I said.
"Sorry!" He let out a low chuckle and made his way too me.
"It's okay."
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be arguing with Saeed but I'm just angry at him. I didn't think of how it would affect you or Zara, I was being selfish and I'm sorry," he sat next to me and pulled me into his side.
"It's fine, I guess I overreacted but I just couldn't take the shouting anymore," my eyes became teary.
"Han please don't cry, you didn't over react you were right! You're the one that always calms everything down, the one who keeps us together when everything is falling apart," he spoke.
"And whose supposed to keep me together when I'm falling apart?" I cried into his shoulder.
"I will!" He argued. "I'm not going to let you suffer on your own in silence remember that and I know Adnan will also be by your side."
"What if Adnan does end up cheating on me eventually?"
"He won't!"
"What if he does?" I spoke my thoughts.
"He won't Hannah but if he ever does then we will get through that hurdle together, okay?"
I looked at my brother who moved his thumbs underneath my eyes to dry my tears "okay," I sniffled. "I love you Ahmed," I wrapped my arms around him.
"I love you too Hannah," he wrapped his arms around the middle of my back and kissed my forehead.
"Come on, Adnan will be back soon," he said getting up and pulling me up with him.

We made our way through the fields, pushing each other.

"I'm so sorry!" I said to the person beside me as I glared at Ahmed for pushing me to the side.
"It's okay," the boy spoke.
"Sorry mate, it was my fault," Ahmed spoke.
"It's fine," the voice laughed.
I know that voice.
I hadn't yet looked up at the boy I bumped into because I was too busy glaring and laughing at Ahmed.
"Hannah?"
"Yea?" I looked up thinking it was Ahmed but it didn't sound like Ahmed. "Tom?" My mouth open.
"Hey," he spoke quietly.
"Oh hell no, this is not happening," Ahmed said pointing between us.
"Hannah I just want to talk to you," Tom pleaded.
"No!" Ahmed yelled.
I didn't realise how busy the fields were now.
"She can answer for herself," Tom said to Ahmed.
"No... I don't want to speak to you," I said quietly before Ahmed dragged me away.

"What the fuck?" Ahmed asked.
"I don't know..." I said, it came out more shocked than angry.
"Hannah-"
"I'm fine Ahmed," I said.
"No you're not you're shaking," he said and pulled me into him.
"Sorry it just happens," I said.
"Don't be sorry, I didn't even notice it was him," he cursed himself.
"Stop Ahmed, it's not your fault but please please keep me away from him. I can't be near him," I said, my voice came out shaky.

We were a few minutes away from leaving the fields when it became breezy.

"Shop stop. I want coke," I said as we came near a shop.
"Get me one too!" Ahmed called... He was right next to me.
"1. You're coming in with me and 2. You're stood right next to me!" I slapped his arm.
"It was fun," he shrugged.
"Idiot," I laughed.
"You're related to an idiot, idiot," he poked his tongue out.

We ended up buying to medium coke bottles, four galaxy chocolate bars and 3 big packs of different flavoured Doritos.
The shop wasn't far from our house so it didn't take us long to get home.

I noticed Adnan's car parked outside the house.

"I can't see Adnan," I panicked.
Ahmed put his arm on my shoulder which made me calm down a little "Calm down Han, don't panic you'll be okay, just breathe," he spoke.
I took a few big deep breaths before we reached the house, I felt like I was going to faint.

I walked in after Ahmed to be greeted by a worried Saeed, Zara and Adnan. Jasmine was sat at the end of the staircase next to Zara.
Adnan immediately walked up to me and pulled me into his chest.

"Hannah you're shaking," Adnan pointed out.