Chapter 54

It's Derby weekend.

The match we have all been waiting for. There's so much tension and excitement in the air.
Nerves were running high around the Januzaj household as Adnan will be informed of whether or not he has been scouted two days after the match.

Adnan has been in training all afternoon. I know he'll be starving when he gets back so I've been in the kitchen all afternoon cooking lasagna... With the help of my mum and Gani.

The front door closed. "I'm home!" Adnan called seconds after.

He was soon stood in the kitchen with my arms around him. He looked knackered.

"I missed you," he lightly kissed my forehead after kissing my lips.
I smiled into his chest, "I missed you too baby."
Pulling away, he hugged his mum and then greeted my mum.

"What are you guys cooking? It smells delicious," Smiling at our mothers his arm snaked it's way around my hips and crushed me into his left side.
Gani smiled at me, "We helped Hannah make lasagnaa."
His gaze lowered to me and I saw a smirk curl up, "I can't wait to try it."
"It's ready, are you hungry?" My mum asked him in a spontaneous voice like she used to when we were kids.
"I'll eat then sleep," He laughed lightly.

His features were slowly giving way and I could tell that sleep was taking over him. "You can eat later," I whispered before he walked away.
"I'm hungry," He pouted. Laughing, I let him eat because if he falls asleep now he probably won't wake up until late morning.

As Adnan sat down I gathered four plates and placed them on the table. Abedin was out with his friends so he wouldn't be joining us for dinner today and my brothers were out on a double date. Gani placed the tray of lasagnaa in the middle of the table as my mother placed the glasses next to the plates I had set out a few minutes ago and a big bowl with mashed potato and a gravy boat.

Offering to put the lasagnaa in, I put a massive piece into Adnan's plate first before filling up our mothers' plates and then putting a small portion onto my plate.

Adding mashed potato and gravy to my plate, I looked down at the way I'd set out my plate and smiled because for once it looked neat.

"What are you smiling at?" Adnan grinned.
Pointing at my plate, "It looks neat for once," I let out a quiet giggle.
He too giggled before shaking his head, "Han, babe, you need to eat more."
I pouted at him, "I'm not that hungry."

"Oh Adnan, the kids are going on holiday to Morocco in the summer, would you like to accompany them?" My mum asked in between bites.
I glared at my mum, "What kids?"
"You, your brothers, Zara and Ariana."
I scoffed, "Last time I checked mum we weren't kids."
"You're forever my kids," She stuck her tongue out.
"I can tell," Adnan laughed noticing the whole sticking the tongue out. "Yes, I'd love to go," He smiled at my mum.
"Great," She smiled, "I wanted to ask you before we booked the tickets."
He smiled again, "Thank you."
"You don't need to thank us honey, you're family now and whilst you kids are gone, we're going on holiday with your fathers," She smirked in Gani's direction to which she smirked back.
"Parents getaway," I laughed.
"We need a holiday too," My mum wiggled her eyebrows.
"Sure," I smirked.

****

"The lasagnaa was delicious Han," Adnan commented on my cooking skills.
Grinning, I said, "Thank you and thanks you two for helping me."
"Anytime Hannah," Gani smiled.

"I'm off to bed," Adnan announced getting up.
"Get some good rest honey, big match tomorrow," Gani kissed him on the forehead before my mum hugged him.
"I won't be playing but I'm still so nervous," He scratched the back of his neck.
"Don't be so negative!" I lightly tapped his arm. He smiled before kissing me.
"Whether you play or not, you're still the best footballer in the world," Gani kissed his cheek.
"Thanks mama," He blushed. He turned for the door before stopping and turning around, holding his hand out for me which I took.

Once we got upstairs Adnan quickly changed into a pair of black jogging bottoms and got into bed, pulling me down with him in the process.

"Adnan I need to change," I whined.

He flicked his eyes over my outfit. "Just kick your jeans off put my top on," He reached for his grey nike top which was on the chair an arm length away.

I eyed up the top, "It's too short," I whined.
His grip loosened around me, "Quick," He said.
"Give me that top," I breathed as I undid the button on my jeans and then slid them off; leaving them on the floor. Followed by my black blouse. I was too lazy to get up right now. I turned to grab the t-shirt out of Adnan's hands but caught him staring at my body.

"Adnan," I whined.
"You're body is just... wow, it catches me off guard every time and it's all mine," He bent down and kissed just below my bra.
"It's all yours but not right now because you're about to switch off," I giggled, pulling the top out of his hands and sliding it over my head.

Once the top was on he pulled me back into him and I lay my head on his chest.

"So Morocco huh?" I could sense a smirk on his lips.
"Yeah, I'm so excited," I smiled into his chest.
"Me too, our first holiday together," I felt him place a soft kiss in my hair.
"I know!" I squealed.
I felt him smile into my hair and seconds later could hear his steady breathing