Chapter 20

Saturday morning was full of history work and more sociology work, hooray for work (note the sarcasm).
It came to my realisation that Adnan lost the little kiss game we were playing so I quickly text him.
'Me: you kissed me first👋😂'
I locked my phone and left it on my bed as I was in desperate need of a drink, I've been awake since 10am doing work, it's now 3pm and my mouth is completely dry. I've been doing work for six hours!

Ahmed was out with Zara so I had the house to myself. It would have been quite boring if I didn't have any work to do and I couldn't ask Jasmine to come over because she was spending the whole day at her grandma's house.

There was an open carton of Apple juice which Ahmed must have left out. I poured it into a glass and brought the carton into the front room with me so I wouldn't have to get back up for another glass. There was nothing interesting on as I flicked through the channels in hope of finding a good movie to watch but sleep soon takes over my body as I continue nodding off but am soon asleep.

There was continuous knocking coming from the front door, it took me a while to open my eyes before realising that I actually had to answer the front door.
Sluggishly, I made my way to the front door and opened it, allowing the cold to barge inside. Gani was wrapped in a dark grey coat with her hair messy as she stood under a big black umbrella.

"Hello," she greeted.
"Hi, come on in," I told her quickly so she could get out of the wind and rain.
I shut the door behind her as she shut her umbrella and left it by the door and then peeled her coat off.
"It's so warm in here," she mumbled, taking in the warmth as she hung her coat up at the end of the staircase. "Sorry to barge in on you like that Hannah," she said.
"Don't be sorry," I giggled "you aren't barging in on anything."
"Were you asleep honey?" She asked after taking a look at me.
"Yeah."
We walked back into the front room.
"Oh I'm so sorry dear!" She apologised.
"Don't be sorry! I've been asleep for four hours now, I needed to wake up so thank you," we both giggled.
"How has your day been?" I asked her as we both sat on the sofa, covering ourselves with the big dark red blanket.
"Abedin has gone out with his friend so I decided to clean the house and then I was watching TV but I wanted to come and check on you. How has your day been?"
"Aw that's so sweet of you Gani, thank you but I'm fine," I smiled at her "my day has consisted of nothing but school work," I sighed.
"Have you finished it all?"
"Yeah, I was so tired after it," I laughed.
"It's better to finish it earlier so then you have the rest of the day to yourself," I nodded my head at her comment. "Have you eaten anything?"
"I had toast this morning but that was it," I answered.
"Do you want me to make you anything?"
"I'm waiting on Ahmed and Zara, you're more than welcome to eat with us," I offered her.
"I would love too," she accepted.
"I'm just going to get my phone and ask Ahmed when he's coming back," I told her as I got out from the blanket.

I ran upstairs and looked for my phone, not remembering where I left it. I saw it seconds later laying next to my laptop.
There were two messages from Adnan, Ahmed and Zara and one from Ariana (Saeed's girlfriend) and Saeed on my lock screen.
What? My brother hasn't contacted me in 3 weeks so why now. I was annoyed at the fact that he'd messages me.
Firstly, I opened up Adnan's texts.
'Adnan😍💕👌: I was sidetracked by your beauty that I forgot. I give in, I can't go that long without kissing you😂❤️'
The other text read-
'Adnan😍💕👌: Babe have you read any magazines or newspapers today?!'

I decided to text him back.
'Me: aw babe😘 neither can I❤️ and no I haven't I've been doing work and then fell asleep, you're mum's here to keep me company😛'

I then read Ahmed's texts.
'Ahmed⚽️: Do you know why Ariana is asking me where Saeed is?'
The second text read-
'Ahmed⚽️: Hannah! Don't read any newspapers or magazines today okay!'