Chapter 57

I pulled my shawl off and placed it around the front of my body as I shifted my body to face the window. I wasn't angry with Adnan but the tone of his voice just shook me a bit and I knew he needed time to himself without me asking questions or speaking to him at all.

****

Someone was calling my name in barely a whisper. My eyes fought to open and that's when I realised that the car wasn't moving anymore. Just before my eyes fluttered open I felt strong arms underneath me. My eyes were fully open now but Adnan wasn't yet aware that I was awake.

"I can walk you know," I joked trying to lighten the mood but he said nothing, didn't even look down at me instead he continued to carry me into the house and upstairs before we reached a big brown wooden door. I was too tired to acknowledge the rest of the beach house right now.

Once we were inside he lay me down gently on the king sized bed before disappearing into the bathroom and that was my opportunity to change. I jumped up and quickly pulled off my cream dress. Noticing that our bags weren't in the room, they would still be in the car boot. Great. Now I have nothing to wear. I mentally cursed at myself before jumping back into the comfy bed which had the bouncy effect. I was in bed in just my underwear for the first time with Adnan. That got me feeling self-conscious but at he same time I was too lazy to go outside and get the bags.

I was sleeping on my right side and a while later I felt the duvet being lifted and the bed dipped. Anything after that was pretty much a blur.

****

My eyes opened slightly to reveal the new surroundings which took me back to our little trip last night. There was steady breathing behind me and as I moved to turn there was a really tight grip around my waist; Adnan's arm.

"Adnan..." I whispered, unsure whether he was awake or not.

"Adnan please move your arm its kind of crushing me," I breathed. It actually was. His grip was really tight on me.

A couple of seconds later and his grip loosened around me, allowing me to turn around to face him. Once I turned on my other side I snuggled my body into his, it always comforted me every morning. I looked up to him seconds after to find him staring at me with a blank expression. It wasn't completely blank as there was some emotion wrapped around his eyes but I couldn't tell what it was right now.

"Good morning," his gaze quickly averted.

"Morning," His voice was raspy and deep like every other morning but today it was also cold.

There's definitely something up. I let him sleep on it last night because I thought he just needed a good nights rest but clearly not. "Adnan," I whispered and I knew that I had caught his attention because his eyes stopped roaming the room and focused on the window sill. Placing my hand on his cheek I whispered, "What's wrong baby?" My voice came out quiet and gentle.

"Nothing, leave it," He said in a harsh tone and unwrapped himself from me; heading straight into the bathroom.

Sighing, I got up and realised that I had nothing to change into so I decided to pace the room in my underwear until Adnan came out so I could have a shower.

Five minutes passed and he was out; his eyes checking me out on his way out of the door. Even though he's annoyed, he still knows how to make me blush. He gave me this warm feeling inside.

I was out of the bathroom fifteen minutes later, wrapped in a short towel. The bags were now in the room and I quickly opened mine; searching for matching underwear and my white ankle length jeans and a grey L.A. top.

I got dressed in the room because there was no sign of Adnan. Once I was done, I brushed through my hair and put it all to one side, allowing all of the strands to rest on my right shoulder before leaving the room.