Chapter 58

Yesterday's events replayed through my mind as we put our bags into the car boot. We were supposed to be staying here for today too but Abedin called and told us to come home early, also to pick up some things from the supermarket on our way back.

The beach house is perfect. Ryan is so lucky to have a place like this.

I shut the boot as Adnan opened the passenger door for me. "Everything's off and locked up," he clarified.

The first thing we did after having breakfast was making sure that we left everything how we found it and cleaned up the dishes we had used before making sure that the house was securely locked up.

"I wish we stayed for today too," Adnan spoke as we left the driveway.

"Me too," I placed my right hand over his left hand, my thumb rubbing over the top of his hand. "It's beautiful here."

"We'll own a place like this one day," he smiled, his eyes focused on the road.

I smiled at him still unsure of what fate holds for either of us.

"I don't need a fancy house because anywhere is beautiful just as long as I'm with you."

His eyes left the road for a split second as he grinned at me.

The radio station we were listening to were playing all of my favourite songs this afternoon.

'SUGAR!

YES PLEASE!'

"CAN WE GET PANCAKES?!" I gasped as my hand got a hold of Adnan's upper arm.

"Sure..." He said sternly. "Although I'm not sure that it will help with your current situation," he laughed.

"I'm just happy," I smiled.

He grinned, "I'm glad."

****

Three hours later we were in Adnan's house.

It was currently 7:50pm and Ahmed was coming to pick me up at 8:15pm so that I can go home and help him out with gift ideas for Zara.

I was in the kitchen helping Gani unpack the supplies we picked up on the way home from Asda's.

"ADNAN!" Gani called out of the kitchen door.

"Yeah?" He called back as I heard him walk through the front door.

"Are these pancakes yours?" She asked as he appeared in the kitchen. The plastic wrapping held in her hands.

"They're mine," I raised my hand like a shy little school girl.

"Oh! Sorry honey!" She giggled, "I was shocked because Adnan has never liked this brand of pancakes," she laughed.

I laughed too, "neither do I but they didn't have the other ones."

"I missed you kids!" Abedin exclaimed walking through the kitchen door.

"I missed you too!" I squealed and ran into his arms which tightened around me.

He hugged me back before glaring at his son, "oh so my son is too old to hug his father now is he?" He pretended to wipe a tear from under his left eye.

"Yes but I'm going to hug you anyway," he spoke and jumped into his father's arms.

They pulled away when Abedin spoke.

"Ryan text me saying they'll be here soon."

I felt my heart sink.

"Adnan, honey, I just wanted to say that I am so proud of you and I'm proud of the man you have grown up to be," Gani started, "Your father and I are going to support you for as long as we are alive but this is one decision that we cannot make for you. It's your turn. I love you much son," she pulled him in for a hug.

"You're mother is right son, we're so proud of you and we love you," Abedin spoke, joining their hug.

This is adorable.

Gani's hand stuck out, "come on Hannah, you're family too," she smiled at me.

I took her hand and joined their hug.

A few minutes later the door bell rang making Abedin and Gani retreat from the hug; leaving me and Adnan holding on to each other.

"I'm scared Adnan," I whispered truthfully to him.

My comment caused him to tighten his arms around me. I heard him sigh before he whispered, "me too."

We pulled apart and walked hand in hand into the front room to greet Louis Van Gaal, Ryan Giggs and Adnan's agent.