Chapter 23

Ahmed was currently laying on the floor in the hallway, heaving.

"Are you alright?" Gani asked walking through the door Zara had just opened to her.
There was no response from Ahmed apart from his deep breathes.
"He played football in this rain and he's now freezing," Zara filled in.

I made my way down the steps slowly, listening to the current conversation, "Why are you lying on the floor then you idiot? Go jump into a hot shower!" I said.
"It's too... far," he breathed.
"So you'd rather get pneumonia than walk upstairs and take a hot shower?"
There was no answer but I saw him heave himself up and once he was standing he picked up his bag and headed to his room.
"HOT SHOWER!" Zara and I both yelled up the stairs.
We turned to each other giggling.
"Hi Gani," I waved at her.
"Hello dear," she came over and kissed my head. "How are you today?"
"In between," I made a movement with my hand to show her 50/50 "how are you?"
"Don't worry about it," she smiled "I'm greater than ever!" She grinned.
"You're extremely happy mama," Adnan laughed.
"She's allowed to be happy," I whacked my arm across his stomach.
"She deserves all the happiness!" He stuck his tongue out, making me giggle.
"Abedin is taking me out tonight, we haven't been out in a while because he's been so busy with stuff back in Belgium and stuff over here," she informed.
"Oooo what are you going to wear?" I quickly asked her.
"I'm not sure," she said.
"We can help you if you if you like?" Zara offered.
"Oh yes girls that would be lovely thank you!" She clapped her hands, a grin spreading across her face.
"You don't need to thank us! We'll help you any time," I informed her.
"We'll go over to your house once Ahmed's done in the shower, I don't feel like leaving him home alone, especially if he isn't feeling well," Zara worried.
"He can sit with Adnan," Gani tried to reassure her.
"Yeah I'll look after Ahmed, wouldn't want to be in on your little makeover," He laughed.
"We will make your mama look stunning although that's pretty hard to do considering she already is," I pointed out her beauty.
"Oh thank you Hannah," she blushed.
"Awww Gani," I ran over to her and wrapped my arms around her to which she quickly wrapped her arms around my back.
"You're like a daughter to me," she commented "the both of you."
My heart melt. She's so adorable!
Can you believe it? Adnan Januzaj's mum just told me I'm like a daughter to her. Never in a million years would I even think of hearing something like that, especially from Adnan's mum! I love this woman! She's been there for me ever since Adnan and I started dating, she's acted like my mother and I've lacked that relationship with my own mother so it felt good.

Adnan was laying on the floor on his back with me next to him, my elbow holding my head up.
I think Adnan fell asleep because his breathing became slow and I could feel his chest rising slowly, as someone's does when they're asleep.

After half an hour Ahmed and Zara came downstairs, Ahmed was wrapped up but he was less pale than half an hour ago. Gani walked out of the kitchen just in time.
"Is everyone ready to go?" Zara asked.
"Everyone but Adnan," Gani pointed and giggled.
I shook him very slowly and gently but that didn't seem to work so I got closer to Adnan's face and kissed his lips, he was up instantly.
"I could wake up to that every day," he moaned.
"You wake up to that most days," I laughed before pecking his lips again.
"But one day it will be everyday," he winked.
"Let's go lovebirds," Ahmed said opening the door.

I got into Adnan's car with Gani and Ahmed and Zara would follow behind us in Ahmed's car.
I opted to sit in the back but Gani refused to let me sit in the back, she wanted me in the front. It was quite cold outside and the rain was still coming down but it was lighter now, I leaned across to Adnan and rest my head on his shoulder while he drove.
"This isn't distracting you or annoying you or anything is it?" I asked him.
"No it's perfect," he smiled down at me, pecking my forehead on the way up to re-adjust his eyes back to the road.
"Young love, it's so sweet," Gani sighed in the back.
"Did you and Abedin meet as teenagers?" I asked.
"Yes, I still remember the day but that's a story for another time because Adnan is sick of hearing about it," she laughed.
"Aw Adnan!" I laughed "you'll have to tell me soon then," I agreed.
"Adnan you're going to tell your kids about the day you met Hannah," Gani pointed out.
"But.. That's different," he tried to cover up.
"No it's not," we said in sync.
"Fine," he sighed and rolled his eyes "but not tonight," he said.
"I think we're rather busy to say it tonight," she said.

He drove up to the gates and entered a pin in on the side wall. The gates moved open for us to drive through and Adnan pulled up just in front of the house with Ahmed parking besides him. The rain picked up a bit so I was ready to make a run to the front porch when Adnan lightly placed his jacket on top of my head saying it would keep me from getting wet. I mean it was my fault for not bringing my coat seeing as we were in the car anyway, I was in my red knitted cardigan which wasn't as warm as I thought it would be.