Chapter 55

A light kiss was planted on the top of my head making me shuffle in my position.
Adnan was wide awake and looking down at me.

"Good morning," I whispered.
"Good morning," he smiled.
"Adnan we have an hour to get you to training," I groaned, looking at the clock.
"Shit," he mumbled and quickly pulled us up.

He headed straight into the bathroom as I quickly chucked on a pair of black skinny jeans and my red United home shirt before wrapping my black headscarf around my head and pinning it. It was messy but looked presentable.

Adnan came out in his boxers and ushered me into the bathroom.

I came out five minutes later to find Adnan dressed in his black suit and white shirt.

"Let's grab breakfast," he said once he noticed I was done and took my hand in his left hand and grabbed his bag in the other.

We walked into the kitchen to find that Gani had already set breakfast on the table for us. Both plates had two waffles, four triangle pieces of toast, scrambled eggs and hash browns.

I smiled to Gani, "Thank you."
She smiled, "it's no problem, eat up because we leave in 15."
It'll take me about 15 minutes just to eat this breakfast. Adnan was already sat down and digging into his scrambled eggs.
"Me and your father are taking the car," Gani informed to which Adnan nodded.

Unsure of whether Adnan would play today or not I still had strong faith that he would. I could tell he was unsure too because he was acting on edge, especially after being warned about not being picked for the Belgium squad if he didn't play for United. I personally think that's unfair because it's not his fault.

"Ready?" Abedin called from the front door.
"We're coming now!" Gani answered as we put the dishes into the sink and made our way out to the car.

The car ride was quiet until we pulled up into the back parking lot where a few other players were getting out of their cars.

"Listen son, whether you play or not today I am so proud of you. You have a great talent, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I love you Adnan," Abedin broke the silence and pulled Adnan in for a hug.
That was so cute! I can feel my heart melting.
Adnan hugged his dad back and whispered a thank you. I can tell that his dad's words meant a lot to him.

Just before Adnan left for the changing rooms, I pulled his arm; making our bodies crash into each other.
"I love you and good luck," I whispered into his ear.
He smiled down at me, "thank you baby, I love you," he placed his lips on mine softly, "I'll see you after the match beautiful."
"See you later hot stuff," smirking, I watched him enter the changing rooms before I turned away with his parents, making our way to our seats.