Chapter 8 - The date

We arrived at a park and it was pretty much empty.
He held my hand when we got out of the car and led me to the fields.
To say I was confused was beyond me but I kept quiet until he spoke.
"You're probably wondering why we're at a park but I've got a surprise," he said looking at me.
"You read my mind," I poked my tongue out.

I saw fairy lights hanging from trees, a blanket set up with a picnic basket and four pillows resting upon a tree.
"Oh my gosh," I breathed as I covered my mouth "it's beautiful!"
"I'm glad you like it," Adnan let out a sigh of relief.
"I love it! I can't believe you set all of this up!" I was baffled but excited.
"I had help from the boys but I wanted it to be a perfect setting for a perfect evening," he blushed.
"Aww Adnan it's adorable! Thank you," I kissed his cheek.
Oh my! I've just kissed Adnan on the cheek! I could feel my own cheeks burning up.
We sat down on the blanket, Adnan was pulling food out of the basket as I took in the scenery.
He prepared cheese sandwiches, pasta bake which was in a container with RVP written across the lid, cream crackers, a galaxy bar, strawberries, coke and two glasses. It looks delicious.
"You've done so much," my voice quiet.
"I wanted too, I want you to have a good time," he said whilst pouring coke into two glasses.
"Adnan I have a good time just being around you, you don't need to do so much to impress me or to ensure I have a good time because even if we were just sat here on the grass I'd be having a good time... Because I'm with you," I explained.
I didn't want him to think that he'd have to do so much just to impress me.
"Well I wanted too," he kissed my cheek on his way to take the place besides me.
"This is so cute... You're so cute," I looked at him as I blushed.
"Well it's all for the cutest lady I know," he kissed my cheek again.
"Yeah I'm going to have to get used to that," I laughed as he moved his head back.
"Oh you will don't worry," he winked "I hate to ruin the moment but we need to eat because I am starving," he complained as I laughed.
He set both of our plates up. 3 cheese sandwiches and four big spoonfuls of what looked like a scrumptious pasta bake in each plate.
"This pasta bake is lush, tell whoever made it that I said their pasta bake is the best," I laughed.
He let out a little laugh "Robin's wife made it and I will tell her. I made the cheese sandwiches and crackers," he looked proud.
"Well the sandwiches are delicious and the crackers look yummy," I praised him.

We had just finished our food and put the plates on top of each other to the side before opening the chocolate bar. Adnan and I were discussing our education.
"So what do you want to do in uni?" He asked me as he broke a few pieces off
the galaxy bar.
"Psychology."
"Nice, so what would you want to do after that?"
"Hopefully an educational psychologist, I want to work with kids in high school," I explained.
"You will be a great psychologist," his voice supportive.
"Thanks," I grinned.

We've been in the park for two hours, the sky still held some source of light.
Adnan was leaning back against the pillows and I was sat with my head resting on my knees as I took in the image before me. I shivered as I felt a pang of cold hit me and then I felt two strong arms around me; one held my waist and one held my arm as they pulled me down gently. I looked up to see Adnan staring down at me, "I don't want you to be cold," his voice was soft.
"So what brought this whole evening on then?" I was curious as to why he had even brought me out here? I mean I was grateful and all but I was just curious.
"I just wanted to do something nice for you."
"Really?"
"Well yes and no. I wanted to do something nice for you because *breathes* I think you're an amazing girl, you have a beautiful personality, you're beautiful, you care for others way more than yourself," this caused us both to giggle "and I like you. I know I've only known you five days but I knew that you were the one when we bumped into each other and I saw you for the first time. It's just that feeling," he explained.
"That's so cute!" I was speechless "yeah... I've had that feeling about you for two years," I let out a small laugh "I probably haven't realised because I'm so in love with you and it's a become normal thing for me."
....I just told him I was in love with him. Shit.
"Well I'm falling in love with you every day I'm with you," his voice soft and quiet.
"Hannah, I want to protect you, care for you, love you and spend each day with you, I can't let you go, I need you to be mine..... Hannah, will you be my girlfriend?" He was staring directly into my eyes right now and his left hand was caressing my cheek.
HOLD THE FLIPPIN' PHONE! ADNAN JANUZAJ HAS JUST ASKED ME TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND!!!! EEEEKKKKK! NO WAY! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

"Adnan... I'm not sure. I mean I really really really like you and this is everything I've dreamed of but I'm not sure if I can. I mean you're a football player and now I'm not saying that all footballers do this but some cheat on their girlfriends/wives or they just do it for the fun of it," my voice shaky.
I was afraid that he would hurt me or leave, I would be completely heart broken because I'm so in love with him. I know that's what happens with everyone but I don't think I can take being heartbroken again, I wasn't completely ready to be hurt again.
"Hannah I can't cheat on someone, I could never cheat on you and I'm not doing this for the fun of it, I'm falling in love with you and the boys have realised and they mess around with me in training so much, even Van Gaal!" He let out a slight chuckle "I promise I will not cheat on you or hurt you," his voice held honesty.
"Adnan I believe you... But please don't make promises because it could change," I spoke, my voice was quiet.
"Alright, but I am really falling for you," his right arm was positioned on my waist and he held me tighter whilst his other hand continued caressing my cheek.
"Can we start this again?" I laughed.
He laughed and nodded his head.
"Hannah, would you like to be my girlfriend?" His eyes bore into mine as i caressed his cheek.
"Yes," I let out a quiet giggle.
He let out a sigh of relief and held a massive smile.
"I'm so happy," his voice was laced with happiness as he continued looking at me.
"Me too," I smiled " I haven't been properly happy in ages, thank you," I said leaning up to kiss his cheek.
"Thank you for bumping into me and thank you for being you and saying yes!" He returned the kiss on my forehead.
I blushed as he pulled his phone out.
"We are taking selfies," Adnan laughed as he unlocked his phone.
We took cute and silly selfies before he posted one of the cute ones on his Instagram and captioned it 'a beautiful evening with this beautiful lady❤️😊' and tagged me in the photo.
I would probably upload a photo once I get home because Adnan still needs to send them to me.

We packed the cute picnic up by putting almost everything into the basket. I carried the blanket, two pillows and the fairy lights and Adnan was carrying the basket and two pillows whilst he intertwined his fingers with mine as we walked to his car.

I'm Adnan's girlfriend. Just letting that sink in.
I can't believe it.
I'm officially Adnan Januzaj's girlfriend.