Chapter 56

We Won!
Manchester is red!!

Adnan didn't play in the Derby which was a bit upsetting but I could see he wasn't bothered by it when the match was over.

Before we headed home, Adnan pulled me aside.

"What's wrong?" I asked, startled by his movement.
"You and I are going to Giggs' beach house," his smiled appeared in the dim light.
"What? But I have college tomorrow-"
He interrupted, "I've already spoken to your college and your double history lessons were cancelled anyway and Jasmine said she'll photocopy her psychology notes for you," he explained.
"Alright," I breathed,"um but why are we going to Ryan's beach house?"
"Because I've been really stressed and he told me to go and relax there and I want you there with me," his hand found its way to my cheek.
"Are we leaving now?" I asked.
He nodded, "your mum already packed you a bag it's in the boot," he locked our arms and walked us to his car.
"You guys are so sneaky!" I gasped which made him let out a low chuckle.

He opened the passenger door for me and waited for me to get in before closing the door after me and walking around the front of his car to get to the driver's side.

It was 1am and nothing but pure darkness outside. I'm sure Adnan was tired and I didn't want him driving all night.

"We can go in the morning Adi," Making sure he was aware of my concern, I turned around in my seat so that my body was facing him.
He had already started the car and we were pulling out of the venue's car park. His left hand left the gear stick after changing into third and rested on my right cheek. "I'm not tired Han."
"Are you sure? because we can always go in the morning-" He cut me off mid-sentence.
"Baby it's fine," He quickly said, "It'll be better if we go tonight because it gives us more time to sleep," he laughed.
I agreed.

The radio was on and we were listening to MOTD, a comfortable silence was amongst us.

Adnan switched the radio off an hour into the journey and I could slowly feel my eyes closing.

"Go to sleep," He whispered.
"I'm okay," I managed to get out.
He studied my face before saying, "Han your eyes are tired."
"I'm fine honestly, I don't want to leave you on your own."
It was true, I didn't want to fall asleep on Adnan. I'd rather stay awake and keep him company.
A narrow look was sent my way, "please go to sleep, I'm fine, I'd rather you get some rest. I'll wake you up when we get there," My eyes studied his face before I could only see the left side of his face as he whipped his head around. Something was up because he was acting on edge and there was a hint of annoyance in his voice. I decided not to push the matter further as it would only infuriate him even more.
"Okay," I said softly, "Are you sure?" my voice restrained from asking any more questions.
"Yes!" He snapped. I felt my heart flutter as my gaze dropped.

Everything turned silent yet again but it wasn't a comfortable silence.