Chapter 113: Bad feeling

3rd persons POV

Jinno's group runs away, the teacher holding off some of the enemy in the rear so that they could escape safely. Tsubasa and Tono pant, pushing their aching legs forward despite their lungs protests. "Did you see that?" Tsubasa gasps to Tono as the continue their mission to find the ESP. "The enemy looks different. Many students are with the disciplinary committee!"

The older student nods, knowing all too well what the middle schooler was referring to. "Quite a lot of members of the team don't have the chance to go and get healed. They're being worked to the bone trying to capture us... they're being manipulated with the soul sucking Alice." He concludes, shocking the younger male.

"But according to the agreement, the using of this Alice is forbidden!" Tsubasa argues. Tono shakes his head, disagreeing with his kouhai's response. "Because of the twins' escape, some clauses don't apply anymore.... I'm guessing they're using every advantage they have."

"We can't hurt the students who are being manipulated but... if we take too long, the ESP will have time to recover and we'll be in big trouble." Tono announces, the small group all gathering in a huddle. They all stand back to back to protect one another, cautiously studying the heard of Fuukitai and students that were surrounding all of them. They were trapped, with nowhere to go. "Things are getting complicated..."

Jinno frowns, "I'm more concerned about the fact that... I don't see Luna- who's behind all of this.L he mentions, causing the others to take note of the fact as well, all of their eyes scanning the crowd. "If she attacks either of the twins with this Alice and controls them..."

Everyone's eyes widen at the possibility.

"... Then we're all screwed."

///

Akako's POV

I quickly jump forward, standing in front of Mikan and Persona. I crouch down and raise my hands up as I ready myself to defend. Scanning the students in front of me, my heart aches when I see all of the injuries they've endured. At the very front, stands Koizumi Luna.

'She looks... sad.'

Her eyes are very different... she seems as though doing these actions caused her a type of sadness but if that's the case, why is she doing this?!

A black air spreads from beside me, I look back to see Persona beginning to use his Alice.

"Wait, Persona!" Mikan shouts, "Everyone here is doing things they can't control! Whether it's the innocent students or the disciplinary team... they are gonna die if they keep fighting!"

I click my tongue, knowing she was right. I definitely don't want them to get anymore hurt than they are but I can't allow us to get caught or hurt!

At that moment, a wave of students lunge at all of us. I raise my hands, summoning a large wave to try and wash them away but as the water begins going their way, it gets stopped by an invisible wall. I gasp, quickly getting rid of the water before it rushes back towards us.

"A barrier!" I shout, warning the other two. Although, one student still flies towards us. I raise my hand, trapping him in a block of earth with small holes which falls to the ground with a large bang.

"There's a barrier Alice user allowing them in through certain parts!" I observe.

"Akako! Be careful!" I hear my sister tell me. I quickly look all around to see what she was warning me about when I see a thorny vine shooting my way. The second before it reaches me, it deteriorated and falls to the ground in a pile of dust.