Chapter 90: "I love you"

3rd persons POV

Akako's eyes also begin to water as she listen to Hotaru's words.

"I want to know what happened up until now from my only brother before I leave the academy..." Hotaru closes her eyes.

'That's right... Because of all the ruckus caused, Hotaru will be forced to leave the academy and study abroad...' Akako looks to the ground at the reminder.

"Because I am his younger sister..." the twins watch as tears slowly fill her beautiful violet eyes, "I want to meet my brother. I want to meet him for the last time, at least.."

Akako's heart breaks at the sight of Hotaru and her Nee-Chan hugging as tears roll down their cheeks. They hug for a moment before Hotaru looks up and locks eyes with the blonde. She motions for Akako to come over as well and the younger Sakura grips on to her tightly. Allowing Mikan to hold on to Hotaru more because they are closer to one another. No matter how much Akako has bonded with Hotaru, she knew that their connection will never amount to that of Hotaru's and Mikan's.

With a final squeeze, Akako parts from the embrace, allowing Mikan to have Hotaru to herself. This, after all, will be the last time the best friends may ever see each other.

Hotaru gives Mikan a parting kiss, showing her love for her best friend.

Hotaru stares into Mikan's eyes, "Go now. There's not much time..." The ravenette softly shoves Mikan away, causing the brunette to land in Akako's arms that have reached out to catch her.

The group gathers around and Akako begin to activate the Alice of teleportation, slowing it down once she realizes that Hotaru is still speaking to Mikan. There's no way she could possibly deny them any of the moments they have left with one another.

"I love you, Mikan. For sure, more than you think I do... for all this time..." Hotaru assures Mikan, staring into her big warm eyes. Memories of Mikan and Akako soft through Hotaru's mind like a home movie. All the times either of them would laugh, cry, become angry... she would surely always long for the two bright girls, "Thank you, Akako." Hotaru's eyes then travel to the younger twin who was resisting the urge to cry because she knew this was far worse for her sister. "Thank you for always making Mikan and I happy..."

Hotaru stares at the girls as they continue to faze away, "Smile... Mikan.. Akako.."

Your smiling faces have been burnt into my memory... No matter how long it takes or how far apart we are, I will remember that light that changed my heart... and always have me so much strength.

Akako closes her eyes in heartbreak as her Alice takes everyone away. Mikan, though, had seen Hotaru's mouth moving, indicating that the intelligent girl had spoke. "Hotaru..! What was it that you said?! I can't hear you!" Mikan calls out, desperate to hear her best friends voice one last time.

"Stay safe..! And meet your mother at all costs!" Hotaru raises her voice, hoping that the twins would be able to catch her fair well.

Whatever happens, you two... smile.....

And with that, Hotaru's best friends vanish from her sight. A sorrow and certain emptiness begins to form a hole in her heart, though Hotaru's eyes travel to her big brother.

Jinno frowns at the girl, informing her of how many students are being controlled by the soul sucking Alice and how fighting them would only worsen her predicament. The news didn't faze Hotaru. This was the reason why she had agreed to attend the academy, after all. To finally officially meet her older brother.

///

Akako's POV

I watch as my older sister breaks into tears, my own slowly forming. I blink as fast as I can to stop them from spilling down my cheeks as my nose lights aflame from the need to cry. I feel as though I have no right to cry or feel as bad as Mikan-nee because she has always been closer to Hotaru than I. That doesn't make this situation hurt any less.