Chapter 65: Missing

3rd persons POV

Many children were consumed with worry when the twins didn't return to class the next day. Or the next. Or the one after that.

Finally after three days, Mikan was returning to the classroom only to be scolded by Sumire.

"Do you have any idea how worried you made us?! We were so worried that something bad happened to your soul, but we come to find out that you were just sleeping?!" She glares, fangs appearing in her mouth.

Mikan smiles in apology while sweating, "Ah! I'm so sorry for making everyone worry! I didn't mean for that to happen!" Mikan apologized as she holds an umbrella above her and Hotaru.

It's then that Sumire looks all around Mikan, frowning when she notices. "I guess that Akako is still asleep." She shrugs before they make their way to class.

"Yeah..." Mikan utters, slowly making her way down the sidewalk. She thinks back to when she awoke, Narumi was there to greet her and speak with her.

:::

"Mikan-Chan, you must never speak of your other Alice." Narumi stood by Mikan's bedside as she stared up at him.

Mikan had woken up a while ago and the dorm mother had gone to inform Narumi. Mikan was brought a glass of water and some food since she had been passed out for a long while. She was sitting in her bed when Narumi came for a surprise visit. It was there, that he told her to never let anyone know that she has the stealing Alice.

"I'm afraid that Akako-Chan is in worse circumstances." Narumi sighs and sits on the bed once the girl asks about her twin. "She is currently residing in the hospital."

Narumi leans on his knees, not knowing how to make the situation seem less than it is. If he were to do that, he would just be an awful human being. There was no way around it. Akako was not in a good position and Narumi could not make light of the situation.

Although, he did want to ease the girls worries. She for sure needed to smile in Akako's place. He turned to Mikan as the girl stared at him, fear in her eyes. Mikan didn't know what she would possibly do if Akako disappeared from her life. Her world would surely spiral and Mikan would be in such despair without her loving younger sister.

Narumi sees the thoughts of the girl from her facial expressions and places a hand on her head. "Don't fret too much. This is just a minor setback for Akako-Chan. She will fight through this type of thing once more and will return before the week is up!"

His encouraging words and soft smile give Mikan hope, staring up at the teacher with her shining eyes. "Sensei..."

Narumi pats her head, his faith in the blonde girl growing stronger. "Akako-Chan will surely pull through this! After all, she would never want to leave her Onee-Chan." Narumi sighs, thinking of how much the blonde adored the brunette.

"Did you know, Mikan-Chan, that Akako-Chan would always pray for you?" Mikan stares at her teacher as she listens to how much her sister loves her, "Hai, hai! Akako-Chan would always try to write to you. She would speak often of her amazingly wonderful and loving Onee-Chan whom she admired with all of her heart. She always spoke very highly of you! And when you came to the academy, it's as though her smile became five times happier. You are one of the best things in Akako-Chan's life. She would never just abandon you."

At his words, Mikan cries as he holds her. What they don't notice is the boy who had been standing outside of the door. He had noticed that his idiot had not returned to her room, so he eavesdropped in hopes of finding out where she was. Once he heard, he made a beeline for the hospital.