Chapter 30: Secret hideout

3rd persons POV

Suddenly, Akako stands up, "Ah! I completely forgot about Mikan!" She looks around but doesn't see her twin anywhere.

Natsume frowns at Akako, the thought of Mikan disrupted their time together. But he understands the love of siblings, "Who cares about that Moron." Natsume huffs.

Akako turns to glare at him, "That's so rude! Mikan-nee may be irrational sometimes, but she always means well. She just doesn't think things through all the time, sometimes I do that! Am I a moron?" She places her hands on her hips.

Already knowing that they can't go back to the peaceful silence, Natsume becomes irked. He reaches his hand into the water and throws some at Akako, making her gasp from the coldness.

"Hey!" Akako, like her sister, wasn't thinking and splashed Natsume with her hands as well.

She can control water... yet she splashed with her HANDS.

Soon both Akako and Natsume are soaked with water. Akako pouts and looks over her wet self. "Look at what you've done!"

"Are you planning to always have that hairdo?" Natsume stands up.

Akako gives him an odd look, confused by the sudden question, "I've never thought about it.... me and Mikan-nee have always had our hair up." She rings her hair out.

"In five years time... put it down." Natsume starts to walk away, but glances back at the wet girl. "It looks better that way." He then walks away, leaving Akako confused.

She glances down at her hair, wondering if it would look good down. She never liked it down, but Natsume said that it would look good.

Shaking off what was just said, Akako raises her arm to her mouth as a cough shakes her body. Falling to her knees, Akako covers her mouth and holds her chest tightly. It's almost as if someone wrapped barbed wire around her lungs and they're tightening it. As soon as she catches her breath again, Akako stays on all fours and stares at her reflection in the lake. Her whole body shakes and she can see little drops of blood coming out of her mouth. Seeing herself look so weak..... seeing a different version of her sister.... looking so close to death.. a tear escapes her eye as she thinks how Mikan would feel if Akako's health deteriorated any more than is already has. The thought of her sister crying.. they are each others blood! They don't know their parents, and yes, they have Jii-Chan but he's growing old.. who's going to be there for Mikan if she looses both Akako and Jii-San? Akako thinks of all her friends, not once thinking of herself. No one asks, but she's terrified. Akako is scared of the thought of death. It's the unknown. She doesn't know what lays beyond living, but she does know that if she has to make the sacrifice for others.. for Mikan... she will. Without a second thought.

Akako gathers water in her hands and rinses out her mouth. Wiping away the tears, she uses her Alice to gather a big ball of water, and has it float after her as she walks back to the others.

Upon arriving, Akako sees Ruka push Tsubasa-Senpai away from Mikan and hugs her instead.

Mikan stutters at seeing Ruka hug her, "R-Ruka-pyon!"

Akako walk towards Natsume and taps him on the shoulder, "What happened?"

Natsume glares at Penguin, "Those berries that that thing brought contained alchohol." he seethes, seeming extremely mad with the invention for causing even more trouble.

With a heavy sigh, Akako walks towards Ruka with Natsume trailing her. "Ruka..." Akako sets her hand on the shoulder of her drunk friend.

He hesitantly turns around, once he sees Akako he hugs her. "Ne, Ruka." Akako soothes.