Chapter 69: Safe & secrets

Ruka pants hard as he continues running. He zig zags through the trees in an attempt to lose the Fuukitai, his animal friends also coming to help aid him. They either get in the way or jump on the Fuukitai, anything to slow them down in order to give Ruka more time to run away.

'Natsume and Akako... Sakura.... I hope that they got away safely.'

Ruka prays, worried for his bestest friends and the girl that he loves. Images of the three of them running were looping through his mind, almost as if a movie was playing on replay.

Mikan looked so scared for him, she looked as though she wanted him to run with them; or she would run to his side. Sadly, there was no way that either could be done. He remembers how she stares into his eyes, silently pleading him to be safe.

And then there's Natsume and Akako. They both looked so pale and drained... Akako had some dried blood on her face, whereas Natsume had bruises and a cut in the cheek. Either way, the both of them had dried up blood on them, not helping Ruka's anxious thoughts.

Ruka stops running for a moment to catch his breath, tired from sprinting for so long. As the Blonde is crouched behind some bushes and trapped in thought, he is unaware of the figure making its way towards him.

'Did they make it to a safe place? Were the three of them caught? What if Natsume or Akako collapses and they get slown down by the incident.'

Ruka's mind is clouded with worry and curiosity, so much so that it's not until a hand lashes out towards him that panic sets in. His azure eyes widen as the hand reaches towards him, grabbing him and taking him away.

///

"Ugh..."

Hayate looks over his shoulder at the raven haired beauty as her violet eyes slowly blink until her eyes are visible. "Cool Blue Sky!" He exclaims, relieved to see her eyes now open. "Are you okay? Are you still waking up?"

At the sudden voice, Hotaru forces her eyes to focus on the figure that is carying her body. "You....?" She stares in confusion at Hayate.

"Ah! Don't worry, I've already taken care of those people who were following you! So it's okay... I'm just bringing you to a safe place.." Hayate explains to the girl.

It's then that Hotaru takes a look at her surroundings. Her violet orbs widen slightly as she takes the view in, "This is... the Hanahime Den.."

Hayate nods in confirmation, "It's not a place that the Dangerous Ability types can enter easily so- Eh?" He begins to speak but exclaims in surprise when Hotaru slides off of his back and lands unsteadily on the floor. "Cool Blue Sky!" Hayate shouts as Hotaru weakly treks away from him.

"Thank you for helping me," Hotaru raises a hand to her head as a headache comes on, "I'm fine by myself now. Goodbye.." She begins walking, her body protesting but she made a promise. Even if she was sore, she made a promise to the twins and she was going to keep it.

Hayate alarmingly watches her walk away, "You can't go alone!" He interjects, "If you're captured, then you'll get punished!"

"You..." Hotaru turns back towards him, causing a glimmer of hope to thrive in his heart. "Who are you?"

An arrow shoots and peirces Hayate as he stares at her in shock and disbelief. He falls to the ground and begins to write on the floor, beginning to write his Will. His kicked puppy reaction reminds Hotaru very much of Mikan. She sweatsdrops with a sigh, "That was a lie." She 'attempts' to comfort the teenager. "You're that dangerous ability wind user, right?" she recalls when they met in the middle school basement.