Chapter 76: Igarashi Kaoru*

"Narumi wait... what's wrong, Narumi?" Yuka questions as the boy keeps dragging her by her hand.

"Don't ask so much, Yuka-Senpai!" Narumi smiles back at the older girl.

The more time the two spent together, the more Narumi he opened up. The boy now adored his Senpai's smile and wanted to protect it with all his might.

Yuka questions their destination once again only for Narumi to snicker, "Just guess!" He grins.

Narumi drags Yuka to the elementary division and to the special abilities classroom. He bursts through the door with her and there they see Izumi who looks at them in surprise.

Although, Yuka bursts into laughter once she sees the haircut that Yukihira-Principal had forced his little brother to get. Izumi shouts in embarrassment as Narumi laughs in glee. The sight was funny and he had wanted to share it with Yuka, his heart growing lighter at her smile.

Izumi continues to defend himself, saying how his brother deemed his hairstyle "old fashioned" and had him cut it.

Yuka continues to laugh alongside her peers. With the help of Yukihira-Sensei, she had gained the trust and friendship of the SA class once again. They had cleared the misunderstanding and were now all getting along just fine.

///

Yuka and Narumi were standing on the pathway, Yuka ranting about Narumi using his Alice to make many girls fight in order to make him their boyfriend.

"Ugh, you're hopeless. I hate that you do that stuff. If you keep misbehaving like this, people are going to start to hate you." She frowns and keeps lecturing the boy.

Unbeknownst to Yuka, there were rumors going around. Apparently people had suddenly lost their Alices and were forced to quit Gakuen Alice. Many students had suspected Yuka.

"If we take care of that Azumi Yuka..." someone says as a group of students watches Yuka from the bushes. Someone takes up a rock and readies their arm.

Narumi has noticed these people and knew of the whispers that spoke of Yuka being the one who stole the Alices. Although they were not true, no one would believe that Yuka was innocent.

Narumi's sharp eyes catch the rock soaring through the air and he catches it swiftly, preventing the hard object from hitting his Senpai.

"Are you even listening?!"

Narumi jumps in shock and looks at Yuka who's frowning at him, unaware that he just saved her from being injured.

"Huh? W-What did you say?" He questions, only having been half listening.

Yuka growls in anger and holds up a bat that has nails hammered through it. Narumi smiles in fear, "Just-Just joking! Just joking! I really did pay attention to what you were saying!" He blurts out, not wanting to get pummeled.

Yuka calms down and continues talking about something as Narumi's mind drifts. He watches the girl, his thoughts going back to the past.

'Yuka-Senpai will never show her troubled expression to me. It was only that I had happened to see it that one time...'
Narumi had been passing by a year ago and seen Yuka staring up at Izumi from the ground, her expression one of total despair and sadness.
'No matter... even if I can't express my feelings for Yuka-Senpai, I will support her by staying by her side.'

"Narumi?" Yuka turns around with sass when the boy doesn't appear to be listening again.

Ignoring her words, Narumi hangs onto her shoulders and sort of slumps against her body.