Chapter 84: Determination

Sumire turns to the three year old frantically before shouting at the young child. "Run, Yō-chan!" She warns as all of the kids fight off the Fuukitai to the best of their abilities. Many of them recall Ruka saying that if the boy were to be caught, he would forever be trapped in the Dangerous abilities without any hope, just as Natsume and Akako are.

"Go now, Yō-chan!" Iinchō exclaims as he sees Koko and more classmates get tackled to the ground and taken.

'Even if we get captured... we have to let that kid escape!"

Yōichi runs as fast as his small legs can carry him as he listens to the orders of his friends. They had told him that the safest place to go was the Hanahime den and how the others were most likely headed that way.

"Tell them about what we saw!" Misaki shouts as she's pushed to the ground. "Tell then that we saw him with the Elementary school principal! Tell them that we saw that man!" Her words ring through his head as terror fills him to the brim. Fear courses through the three year olds body, unsure fully of what was going on except for the fact that nothing was as it should be. The poor child sprints through the trees to get to the school, wanting to fall to the ground, paralyzed with fear and cry.

///

Air sways around the group as they return to the familiar setting of the HSP's office. They're struck with worry and surprise when they see the room in absolute disarray. Objects were scattered around the floor as though a tornado had flashed in the office.

"Everyone..! Where have they all gone?!" Mikan exclaims as she wanders further into the heart of the room. Hotaru remembers the last words that her big brother had spoken to her before they left on their journey, those words causing panic and regret to swirl within her heart.

"What happened here? The ESP infiltrated the High school division as well?!" Tono exclaims in horror. "Even them who has an unspoken agreement..." he shakes his head in disbelief. As everyone looks around for clues that might point to wherever the others might have gone, a thud is heard throughout the room. Eyes turn towards the source as they ready themselves for an intruder but their hearts race at the sudden and untimely action that has just occurred.

"Akako!" Mikan shouts as she slides to her sister, others following her quickly. Akako lays on the ground with sweat on her forehead and labored breathing. Mikan quickly takes her twin into her arms as she attempts to coax the blonde awake. Their friends surround the girls as worry covers the air like a sheet.

Nodacchi sees an object on the floor next to the young girl, reaching down and grasping a clock which glass has broken from being knocked to the ground. "It appears that the influence of the time-space waves have returned us an hour later than our departure." He glances at the children.

Akako is taken into Tsubasa's arms as the group looks for a safe place to reside as they gain information of what occurred in their absence. The only logical place to go is a place that knows everything and anything that happens within the school. Tono raps on the door and it's soon opened to reveal the president of the newspaper club.

"Hayami!" Tono sighs in relief at seeing the boy well. But they're reunion is cut off as the president persists that they should all run. "The only thing I have yet gathered is the fact that the ESP's side is searching for a group of people big time." He confesses. "They're searching for Sakura-Futago and Azumi Yuka from the Z incident."

Mikan stops breathing for a moment and glances at her unconscious sister as she ponders the whereabouts of their mother. Guilt captures her heart as she recalls the harsh words she and Akako spoke of not going with their mother.